Maxon Announces Cinema 4D R23 | Overview | Discussion

Igor

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only commenting on the things I used. Scene nodes look promising (haven't tested), but more importantly again show a strong vision for the future. I also comment on the general outlook, MyMa

I had a surface level look at scene nodes but then digged into the past material nodes again and want to share some thoughts,  not so much about the functionality but the implications of the prio

Grateful I jumped off...and stuck w/plan for blender/R20. Will have soon saved nearly $2,000. Never had to fuss with broken plugins, bugs, hassles and modest upgrades. Already had Octane and Rizom UV.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MikeA said:

I couldn't agree more.

I read through Shrikes post, all great points. But people should look at the nodes system as a tech preview. And even though the examples may only be showing cubes and spheres, what it is demonstrating is how they are solving the #1 problem that everyone on every forum or slack channel has been hammering them about for years. And that is being able to interactively move millions of objects around in the scene. I get that people want to see real world examples. But all anyone needs to do is in their minds swap out those million cubes for a million houses, or a million trees, or a million cars in a simulated city or a million space ships flying around. Ignore the models people and look at the number of objects in your scene. 

• Silver Contributor
8 minutes ago, DMcGavran said:

To buy in Euros, please contact MAXON Germany.

Cheers

Dave

Is there a specific way to contact MAXON Germany? I had contacted through here

When go onto German site and choose contact I think it brings me to same page.

Also when I sent in the query I mentioned I'd like to pay the Euro price but got the GBP quote. 

Thanks

Dave

• Silver Contributor
29 minutes ago, DMcGavran said:

Headquarters Germany

MAXON Computer GmbH
Max-Planck-Str. 20
61381 Friedrichsdorf
Germany

Phone: +49 (0) 6172 / 59 06 0
Fax: +49 (0) 6172 / 59 06 30

Ah OK thanks for clarifying that!

Will buzz the office today.

• Silver Contributor
5 hours ago, DMcGavran said:

Headquarters Germany

MAXON Computer GmbH
Max-Planck-Str. 20
61381 Friedrichsdorf
Germany

Phone: +49 (0) 6172 / 59 06 0
Fax: +49 (0) 6172 / 59 06 30

Awesome, I just picked it up now! Thanks a million Dave!

Very much appreciated.

5 hours ago, Hrvoje said:

@Shrike @MikeA

Guys, when you say  "we need to get away from playing and thinking with cubes and spheres, and into something practical,"

Please give me an example of that so we can try to build it with nodes 🙂

Copying from my post - here are some good examples of highly useful things

I can't speak for animation and mograph but this is certainly the type of stuff that is highly desired in tons of 3D environments and I always see asked for:

- Pipe Builder with Unwrapping

- Cable & Post connection Builder

- Shelf Builder

- Skyscraper Builder

- Road Builder with Signs

- Rock Builder with lowpoly > voxel > unwrap > bake > lods

- Spline River Generator with stones and Flow maps generated

- Biome Builder - controlled asset placements based on areas, falloffs, certain requirements and exclusions

- Terrain Builder with slope & height based vertex color material, assets populated by vertex colors, transistion of biomes

- Car Tire Builder Spline Based with High & Lowpoly

- Raycasted Decal population, like paint splattering decals on shots based on entry and exit normal of a penetrated surface

- Spline Castle Wall, House Wall and railing builder with doors and windows

- Auto UV mapping and packing into areas

- Material based destruction setups 

- Auto Exposure and color balance

- Grow vines around objects based on geometry convexity, maybe avoiding certain types of objects even

- Simulate "heat maps" based on geometry and raycasting "roomba" style to see where people are walking in your building

- Automatic Edge trim decals

- Voxel Operations - Create voxelized highpoly and generate variations, automatic unwrap, bake maps, material based on baked maps

• Igor changed the title to Maxon Announces Cinema 4D R23 | Overview | Discussion
  • Hrvoje pinned this topic