Maxon Announces Cinema 4D R23 | Overview | Discussion

Igor

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only commenting on the things I used. Scene nodes look promising (haven't tested), but more importantly again show a strong vision for the future. I also comment on the general outlook, MyMa

I had a surface level look at scene nodes but then digged into the past material nodes again and want to share some thoughts,  not so much about the functionality but the implications of the prio

Grateful I jumped off...and stuck w/plan for blender/R20. Will have soon saved nearly $2,000. Never had to fuss with broken plugins, bugs, hassles and modest upgrades. Already had Octane and Rizom UV.

Posted Images

The New Scene Nodes look very interesting and I think they should have kept the Neutron name.

really Like:

remesh,

Multi UV

Pose Library

Deformer improvements

Wish MAXON would

Purchase X-particles and integrate it

remove ProRender

Make Redshift the default material set & renderer

Offer Indie version of "MAXON One" for $10/month

1 hour ago, 3D-Pangel said:

No YouTube videos of Scene nodes?

C'mon!!!!

Neutrino Man wants to come out an play!!!

😉

Dave

Scene Nodes or Neutron is  labeled as advanced tech demo even though in my mind is way more. Don't let that label put you off, Nodes are fantastic! I don't think people actually understand what they represent and what can be done with it 🙂

Check the short Intro here to get a feel for what is doable

https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/store/product/24-scene-nodes/

12 minutes ago, adamfilip said:

Wish MAXON would

Purchase X-particles and integrate it - Not really realistic, I don't think. Maybe Insydium don't want to surrender control of their entire business ? Maybe they want to keep open the option to also release it as a standalone or for another software in future ?

remove ProRender

Make Redshift the default material set & renderer - I agree with this this. Prorender imo is a non-starter that was only ever included because it was mac-freindly. MAXON need to include a decent render engine (standard/ physical is actually good for niche uses & NPR stuff but not a realistic PBR option for the future). I hoped that their aquisition of Redshift would actually lead to them offering more value for Cinema users, looks like they instead saw it as an additional revenue stream.

Offer Indie version of "MAXON One" for $10/month - I do know that Cinema is looking mighty expensive now. OK, the full version subscription is significantly cheaper vs Maya/ Max, but they are the only major player not to offer an indie/ small studio version & when you look expensive against Maya Indie, that's a bad look. I wouldn't be using it but I think MAXON 100% need to offer something here for the future.

4 minutes ago, Decade said:

Purchase X-particles and integrate it - Not really realistic, I don't think. Maybe Insydium don't want to surrender control of their entire business ? Maybe they want to keep open the option to also release it as a standalone or for another software in future ?

Redshift offers its plugin for other 3D Packages and is coming out with Blender version soon, no reason why Insydium couldn't be the same setup,

8 minutes ago, Hrvoje said:

Scene Nodes or Neutron is  labeled as advanced tech demo even though in my mind is way more. Don't let that label put you off, Nodes are fantastic! I don't think people actually understand what they represent and what can be done with it 🙂

Check the short Intro here to get a feel for what is doable

https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/store/product/24-scene-nodes/

Are you FRICKIN' KIDDIN' me? that is literally ICE in Cinema!! can't belief that viewport is that fast - instant buy!!!

I am getting on C4D train again :  )

Just now, adamfilip said:

Redshift offers its plugin for other 3D Packages and is coming out with Blender version soon, no reason why Insydium couldn't be the same setup,

True, we have Autodesk's Arnold & MAXON's Redshift as examples here. They still have to want to be bought out though & there's a fair chance they're happy how they are.

4 minutes ago, Batz said:

Are you FRICKIN' KIDDIN' me? that is literally ICE in Cinema!! can't belief that viewport is that fast - instant buy!!!

I am getting on C4D train again :  )

Just be aware & I say this as a big C4D fan, who thinks this is the future of the app - this is an early tech demo & YEARS away from being a fully integrated core. It would be quicker to list the things it does support than the things it doesn't. And to be fair, MAXON makes no attempt to disguise this.

7 minutes ago, Decade said:

Just be aware & I say this as a big C4D fan, who thinks this is the future of the app - this is an early tech demo & YEARS away from being a fully integrated core. It would be quicker to list the things it does support than the things it doesn't. And to be fair, MAXON makes no attempt to disguise this.

Neutron is very advanced in it's current state and can do way more than you think, don't let the tech demo label fool you. It is the new core displayed in most visible fashion. At this moment it has roughly 250 nodes and for v 1.0 is mighty impressive. Sure, there are things missing but being able to make your own effector, field, deformer, constraint, generator, rig and whatnot is way beyond tech demo capabilities - try it once it is available for you!

Surprisingly good release, congrats MAXON!

@Hrovje I just watched the video in link and that looks very impressive which leads to question why Neutrino is tech demo? is it because it is nodes only? @DMcGavran?

Screen Space Reflections and viewport rendering enhancements (with magic bullet) are welcomem, looks  Eevee on steroids but more testing has to be done. Also MAGA (Make animation great again), looks simple to setup and very useful for motion graphics as well.

Looking forward for this release. I hope they wont break GoZ. Fingers crossed.

• Igor changed the title to Maxon Announces Cinema 4D R23 | Overview | Live Stream | Discussion
  • Igor changed the title to Maxon Announces Cinema 4D R23 | Overview | Discussion
  • Igor pinned this topic
  • Igor unpinned this topic