Maxon Announces Cinema 4D R23 | Overview | Discussion

Igor

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only commenting on the things I used. Scene nodes look promising (haven't tested), but more importantly again show a strong vision for the future. I also comment on the general outlook, MyMa

I had a surface level look at scene nodes but then digged into the past material nodes again and want to share some thoughts,  not so much about the functionality but the implications of the prio

Grateful I jumped off...and stuck w/plan for blender/R20. Will have soon saved nearly $2,000. Never had to fuss with broken plugins, bugs, hassles and modest upgrades. Already had Octane and Rizom UV.

Posted Images

I'm just super-excited about the future of Cinema 4D with this release and the promised next steps. Having the ability to use nodes OR use a more familiar object manager type UI with the power of scene nodes is going to be wonderful. It feels like the road has been prepared for a good journey into what's next.

Plus, this version added in lots of useful little things. For example, extending the time of your scene actually extends the time of your scene instead of having to manually adjust the length. Tiny change with a big impact on day to day workflow.

Has 'selected wireframe' from the viewport configuration gone the way of the dodo, or just moved ?

I find it much clearer when selecting carefully amongst many objects than the highlighting. I've had to resort to soloing selected then de-selecting the things I don't want to make them disappear.

On 9/30/2020 at 6:14 AM, Decade said:

Has 'selected wireframe' from the viewport configuration gone the way of the dodo, or just moved ?

It's now in Preferences > Viewport Display

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Igor said:

@ilay have you created that pie chart inside C4D Script Manager or? 

Yes, it's from pySide2(QT5.x) example

MAXON\R23\python37\libs\PySide2\examples\charts\donutbreakdown.py

it will possible to work by installing of pyside2 module, by pip(c4dpy) or manually