Maxon Announces Cinema 4D R23 | Overview | Discussion

Igor

I forgot to add, splines in Softimage was the most painful thing to do in the history of 3D apps. Maybe developers thought we designed our logos in Illustrator and then imported then into XSI, who knows? The first time I used C4D, I thought "Thank God, this Is so easy to setup!"

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only commenting on the things I used. Scene nodes look promising (haven't tested), but more importantly again show a strong vision for the future. I also comment on the general outlook, MyMa

I had a surface level look at scene nodes but then digged into the past material nodes again and want to share some thoughts,  not so much about the functionality but the implications of the prio

Grateful I jumped off...and stuck w/plan for blender/R20. Will have soon saved nearly $2,000. Never had to fuss with broken plugins, bugs, hassles and modest upgrades. Already had Octane and Rizom UV.

Posted Images

I guess I might be biased by I always enjoyed xsi splines. I’m not sure why so painful for you. I always thought it was great for some toon rigs I made that morph targets respected the bezier handles, something nobody even yet seems to have thought was a nice touch except xsi. 

also xsi excellent soft selection worked on spline points as well. Just like geometry. Cinema 4-d has good splines and tools too, but there some were some very nice things about xsi’s and they were very capable. Clearly much differently implemented in the core of the app though

8 hours ago, luchifer said:

Maybe its too early to ask.. but it will allow interoperation between xparticles and plugins? 

It is way to early, but there will be access to scene nodes for plugin developers and i fully expect them to make good use of it.

7 hours ago, jonmoore said:

That's correct in the case of Bifrost, but the beauty of ICE was that it was deeply integrated into the core of XSI....

The level of integration with the core was a lot better and deeper with ICE than it is currently for Bifrost. The difference is that Neutron does not use the core, it is the core. Even below the user acessible nodes there is another layer of coded nodes. Neutron / Scene nodes is more than you see in the node editor.

MAXON one is 1200 dollars on toolfarm...

i think MAXON lives in parallel universe and there is no blender. no pandemic. MAXON is the only program in the whole universe and they setting prices as they want....

but hopefully in our universe there is blender. also 3dmax indie 325 dollars. houdini indie 270 dollars. and other indies too around this prices...

i cant belive. c4d+redshift 1015 €. for this money i can buy 1 year of houdini+3dmax+ full lisence of redshift.  or full pack of zbrush, substance, rizom and other programs and use they with blender. and with remained money can buy a 3070. well MAXON, bye bye. im out

im selling my xparticles and cycles 4d lisences. 650$. who interesting can pm me.

25 minutes ago, kmls said:

3dmax indie 325 dollars. houdini indie 270 dollars. and other indies too around this prices...

i cant belive. c4d+redshift 1015 €. for this money i can buy 1 year of houdini+3dmax+ full lisence of redshift.  or full pack of zbrush, substance, rizom and other programs and use they with blender. and with remained money can buy a 3070. well MAXON, bye bye. im out

im selling my xparticles and cycles 4d lisences. 650$. who interesting can pm me.

Unless my math is wrong, Red giant complete is $ 600 redshift is $ 500.. If the three equals 1200, then C4D is $100, way below Houdini indie. 

houdini indie is 270.  okay if you want red giant and redshift. add it. goes price is 1370.. lets calculate what the price of xparticles????? because of c4d not have particles and xp is  more than 700. lets add 1200 dollars +700 is 1900 dollars. other side is 1370..... i think houdini still more effective.... also remember please. you pay MAXON one and it not gives you full lisence of redhsift. is just for 1 year. and c4d only. but other side redhsift 600 dollars and its your forever. with all plugins..

so houdini 1 year + redgiant 1 year+ redsifht forever = 1400 dollars.   

than c4d 1 year + redgiant 1 year + redshfit 1 year + xparticles forever =1900 dollars. so what? its cheaper??   also if you want normally working smoke/fire just add 400 dollars for turbulence.

i am really fan of c4d but i cant offer it anymore and its sadly situation for me. now need spend lot of time and efford to learning a new app and plugins. blender or other any app. its anyway pain to adapting to new software ecosystem. 

9 minutes ago, bentraje said:

Uhm. So where is R22?

There is no R22. R indicates a version available to subscribers and perpetual users, S indicates a subscription only release. The numbering is continous.

8 minutes ago, bentraje said:

Are there pricing info from R21 to R23 perpetual upgrade?

Pricing and 23 itself should become available later this day in the MAXON Shop.

• Igor changed the title to Maxon Announces Cinema 4D R23 | Overview | Live Stream | Discussion
  • Igor changed the title to Maxon Announces Cinema 4D R23 | Overview | Discussion
  • Igor pinned this topic
  • Igor unpinned this topic