How will nodes affect C4d workflow?

• Gold Contributor

Ok, so everyone is excited about nodes and nodal workflow. Pardon my ignorance guys please. 

Its a bit like linking stuff up in Xpresso right?

Does this mean that the way we work with objects in a stack in the object manager will become a thing of the past? 

No, as said in other topic, object manager is something that C4D is known for and will continue to be integral part of it. Managers will follow and will offer same advantages nodes now offer in terms of performance and functionality. So, if you are node apprehensive you will have the option to work in manager and simply don't care what happens underneath with nodes, however, I would strongly suggest trying nodes themselves because such workflow offers advantages to manager based one. For example, already now in R23, someone can simply build a complex node setup and present it as a single node with some exposed controls which anyone can use. One node with some parameters which makes some stuff which one can render and animate as usual

See a preview video here for a taste what nodes can do

https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/store/product/24-scene-nodes/

• Gold Contributor

Ah in R23 topic. I should have done a search. My bad. I didn't read the discussion. 

I will read the discussion now. Thank you for clarifying that.

• Silver Contributor
37 minutes ago, Hrvoje said:

No, as said in other topic, object manager is something that C4D is known for and will continue to be integral part of it. Managers will follow and will offer same advantages nodes now offer in terms of performance and functionality. So, if you are node apprehensive you will have the option to work in manager and simply don't care what happens underneath with nodes, however, I would strongly suggest trying nodes themselves because such workflow offers advantages to manager based one. For example, already now in R23, someone can simply build a complex node setup and present it as a single node with some exposed controls which anyone can use. One node with some parameters which makes some stuff which one can render and animate as usual

See a preview video here for a taste what nodes can do

https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/store/product/24-scene-nodes/

Oh wow, I also missed your post of that intro.

That is something else. 

It will be great to test drive this in its early version in order to be more comfortable with it in later versions.

The future potential of it is remarkable.