There will be some "conversion" mode for nodes? For example some mograph setup with few objects/tags converted to nodes if I found more posibilities to adjust this setup in nodes?

Or must decide nodes or OM workflow to create my mograph setup?

It´s just an example with mograph, but hard to imagine when some user/artist sit in front of computer and try to create character/model with nodes. I think he wants to "touch" the mesh, play with brush, "visually" modeling instead of playing with ton of nodes...

39 minutes ago, bezo said:

...scene nodes are meant to replace OM/whole c4d workflow? I mean object creation, transformation, rigging, scene enviroment etc to pure node workflow?

No. Scene nodes are the new base that future higher level workflows like the OM and objects will be based on. Once those workflows are established you will not need to touch nodes for by far the most functions in Cinema 4D. If you are comfortable you can of course use nodes then as well.

8 minutes ago, bezo said:

There will be some "conversion" mode for nodes? For example some mograph setup with few objects/tags converted to nodes if I found more posibilities to adjust this setup in nodes?

Or must decide nodes or OM workflow to create my mograph setup?

It´s just an example with mograph, but hard to imagine when some user/artist sit in front of computer and try to create character/model with nodes. I think he wants to "touch" the mesh, play with brush, "visually" modeling instead of playing with ton of nodes...

Conversion from old to new is something i would not speculate on at this point. There are so many options to handle this and they all depend on numerous technical details and workflow choices. 

Do not remove XPRESSO 🙏

Only add new data for input/output (arrays and etc.)

example from WIP section, using python + xpresso and scene nodes for simplification of process - calculation

i add object node from xpresso and move node(icon) of Matrix Op to link space of xpresso node (it works for current project, need to re-link if you re-open project)

r23_py_xpr.thumb.png.38b7f3b63eb33d99c68d13d8f0e02276.png

Hey Srek

Just curious if the idea of a learning edition has been floated at MAXON? C4D isn't hard to learn - but there is a lot to learn. Being able to work through ideas on a learning edition would be awesome. Even better would be a 1080x1080 render limit for Instagram geeks!  

I really love this new direction 🙂 
My question is since I do a lot of simulations in c4d (as im trying to avoid houdini which i barely understand), will we see a boost in soft bodies and cloth? Voronoi fracture? 
Or are those irrelevant with core operations?
Truth be told on my side, I am only missing a good cloth/ faster softbodies in c4d and my needs are 100% covered.

Thanks a lot!

6 hours ago, mformatt said:

Hey Srek

Just curious if the idea of a learning edition has been floated at MAXON? C4D isn't hard to learn - but there is a lot to learn. Being able to work through ideas on a learning edition would be awesome. Even better would be a 1080x1080 render limit for Instagram geeks!  

I am a technical designer at MAXON, my job is to help defining stuff like scene nodes. I am not involved into product politics. I would be seriously surprised though if learning editions or similar hadn’t been discussed. 

• Igor changed the title to Nodes Road Map
  • Igor featured this topic
3 hours ago, thanulee said:

I really love this new direction 🙂 
My question is since I do a lot of simulations in c4d (as im trying to avoid houdini which i barely understand), will we see a boost in soft bodies and cloth? Voronoi fracture? 
Or are those irrelevant with core operations?
Truth be told on my side, I am only missing a good cloth/ faster softbodies in c4d and my needs are 100% covered.

Thanks a lot!

Dynamics in any shape are best handled by a physics engine, not a general Solver like scene nodes. Like with basically all missing features physics will become part of the new context at some point in the future.