Scene Nodes - Legacy Object Import (performance)

Oh please don't call the existing one 'legacy' !! I love that OM, and very much hope it persists in largely its current form even if it does operate merely as an alternative interface for the scene OM one day !

CBR

4 hours ago, srek said:

The objects final state on a frame is transferred to the Scene Nodes, thats it. Inside of The Scene Nodes it is just a bunch of geometry and numerical data.

Nice, that's what I was hoping to hear. 🙂

3 hours ago, Hrvoje said:

But it is legacy, has to be replaced by one which will not suffer from performance issues we want to eradicate 🙂

I know, but just wanted to make the point that pretty much everyone loves the way the legacy OM works, and I may be expressing the hope that any revision to it doesn't break its primary way of working as far as the end-user is concerned... then again, if we are shown something much much better, then of course that does change things... but sometimes it's hard to let go 🙂

CBR