Twisting mesh extremities and cloning

Hello all,

I've been a bit confused on how to achieve this and was wondering if anyone could help. Im in R20, so fields.

I would like to twist a mesh (simple enough) but then cloner this specific mesh and randomly affect the top twisting and the bottom twist seperatly.

For example (see video or c4d file or image)

I need to be able clone multiple flat cubes  and then control, proceduraly (if that is even a word) and randomly the top and the bottom of the rotation twist on the mesh between -180 and 180.

I got the top and the bottom rotation individually using a step effector on a nurbed cloner, see c4d file. But what im missing is how to randomly  affect the rotation. 

Thanks all!

TwistUpDown.jpg

TwistUpDown_ref.jpg

TwistUpDown_random.c4d

There really aren't that many of them in your reference, so I simply wouldn't bother with some protracted cloner setup, or if I did I would ONLY use it to get the positions, then make it editable and just go along altering the twist offsets and amounts until they matched the reference. I imagine you could have completed the whole task in less time than it would take you to figure out how to do it all via cloner randomisation ! Some of them are half length as well, so the cloner is particularly unsuited to that layout.

CBR