Procedural selections

Is it possible to make procedural selections. In your tutorial you make ‘hardcoded’ selections of specific points/polygons but this is not effective if the base mesh topology changes. I would like to make a field or some kind of bounding box which could make the selections. 😊

That is perfectly possible, i made camera vie angle dependent selections during beta and the random selection you can find as a node is an asset created from nodes.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I look forward to further tutorials on the node system, I can’t seem to figure out how to do procedural selections with my current knowledge level. I guess when more prebuilt nodes become available this will also improve the speed and intuitiveness of the system. I like the UI and design much better than Houdini, but right now I miss a lot of the prebuilt nodes from Houdini. 😊

19 hours ago, Janmansilver said:

I would like to make a field or some kind of bounding box which could make the selections. 😊

Like this? Here an "object field" which extrudes the selection then

Object_Field.c4d

2 hours ago, Janmansilver said:

but right now I miss a lot of the prebuilt nodes from Houdini.

Which ones you miss? It is likely that such functionality is already there or can be built as an asset