How to lock random effector position?

julguero

Hey!  Thanks for your time!

So I have multiple objects arranged in a grid array (not a cloner, individual objects that are letters) and all of them are inside a group. I want to make them radomly appear from a wall, so I need to radomly change the Z position of each object, and then move the group from behind to the front of the wall...

When I use the Random effector and turn the animation speed to 0%, I manage to get the random array that I want (in the image), but when I move the group it goes nuts and starts changing the array as the group moves...

Is there a way to get this right?

Capturar.PNG

Just checking and it seems there are two ways to go with this, either you choose noise modes Gausian or Random to create your pattern in which case nothing moves, or in your current set up change the "space" parameter from global to UV, I think that should sort it.

Deck

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 17.07.52.png

1 hour ago, deck said:

Just checking and it seems there are two ways to go with this, either you choose noise modes Gausian or Random to create your pattern in which case nothing moves, or in your current set up change the "space" parameter from global to UV, I think that should sort it.

Deck

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 17.07.52.png

Not working... this is what I get. I'm just looking for a way to change the Z position of each extrude radomly without having to do it manually one by one. But thanks for the reply!

Capturar.PNG

Heres a version doing same thing but with all those letters within a fracture object. If you move the fracture it all stays still.

You could achieve similar with a shader effector to move the letters in z direction and use noise in the shader tab for the randomness.

Deck

Edit: it dis change your random pattern but in a similar style

excentrico_0001.c4d

10 minutes ago, deck said:

Heres a version doing same thing but with all those letters within a fracture object. If you move the fracture it all stays still.

You could achieve similar with a shader effector to move the letters in z direction and use noise in the shader tab for the randomness.

Deck

excentrico_0001.c4d 598.79 kB · 0 downloads

YES! Thank you so much! I was looking for this solution everywhere