• Silver Contributor

Here is almost the final result of my labours making this vending machine animation, something that represents about a year's work in really trying to get to grips with modelling, unwrapping, texturing and rendering. Thanks to everyone who helped me, including the usual suspects @DasFrodo, @Cerbera, @Igor, The Artist Formally Known As @C4DS and @bezo.

• Silver Contributor
13 hours ago, bezo said:

Really nice and imaginative short. Where you take an idea?

Only what disturb me is a bit jaggy camera movement. is it an intention?

I wanted to make something that people at my work would like, so I make a little scene with easter eggs in that they would recognise. I wanted to build it around this little rabbit model that we used for a big campaign and keeps getting reused for this and that. I'm not sure about the camera work, I tried to keep it quite simple.

• Community Staff

First of all, well done, looks great! I can spot a few things here and there that pop out, but overall very well done!

I'm not sure about the camera work, I tried to keep it quite simple.

I think what @bezo means is that the camera movement is jaggy. It's not the animation that's the proble, it's something with the framerate I think. Any chance you converted framerates at some point during post? Like from C4D -> AE or AE -> Final video? Looks like there's a jump every couple of frames.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

20 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

First of all, well done, looks great! I can spot a few things here and there that pop out, but overall very well done!

I think what @bezo means is that the camera movement is jaggy. It's not the animation that's the proble, it's something with the framerate I think. Any chance you converted framerates at some point during post? Like from C4D -> AE or AE -> Final video? Looks like there's a jump every couple of frames.

... or maybe camera was animated along spline with low point count / low interpolation

• Silver Contributor

Ah I see what you mean. No, I was careful with the framerates, which means it must be something introduced in the original file. I'll have to go back and check the c4d file.