Rope and the stickman animation

I'm going to guess that's a no (and PLA shouldn't be that hard to sort out here anyway), but you haven't said HOW you want the rope to move. The unusual design of the character / logo suggests that the guy should slide down the rope, but, for me at least, it is less obvious to know what you want the rope to do in response to his move... for example, if you are looking for natural dynamics response then soft body splines or regular dynamics could be options, but I suspect you want something rather more stylised and not natural, in which case PLA seems the obvious way to go.

CBR

8 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I'm going to guess that's a no (and PLA shouldn't be that hard to sort out here anyway), but you haven't said HOW you want the rope to move. The unusual design of the character / logo suggests that the guy should slide down the rope, but what do you want the rope to do in response to that ?

CBR

thank you for quick answer! i want rope to bend as the man slides down.  he s a climber and it should be a rope access animation so; i want man slide down when the rope bends in his chest and rope s start and finish should stay straight like in the new file ive attached

sarkan.c4d

No I think you really HAVE to do that with PLA. The difficulty is only in keeping more-or-less straight inside him, and curved elsewhere. In a still you could obviously just set different interpolations for the various points of the splines, but that is not keyframable AFAIK, so you would need to set ALL the points to soft interpolation, and then manually align their tangents to be straight as they passed through the guy. I appreciate that sounds like it is going to be quite tedious, but perhaps not - you only need 1 mid-way point to describe the 'almost' straight section inside the guy, so it's not so many tangents to align.

CBR

1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

No I think you really HAVE to do that with PLA. The difficulty is only in keeping more-or-less straight inside him, and curved elsewhere. In a still you could obviously just set different interpolations for the various points of the splines, but that is not keyframable AFAIK, so you would need to set ALL the points to soft interpolation, and then manually align their tangents to be straight as they passed through the guy. I appreciate that sounds like it is going to be quite tedious, but perhaps not - you only need 1 mid-way point to describe the 'almost' straight section inside the guy, so it's not so many tangents to align.

CBR

i figured it out yeah i ve done with PLA 🙂  thank you for helping me  i appreciate it. im adding the file if you wanna look it out

sarkan.c4d

Of course I still may not fully understand what you want the rope to do, but the one below was painfully easy to do with PLA - literally 2 keys on the guy, 2 more on a selection of spline points around him that just moves down at the same rate; all keys set to soft interpolation so you get nice exit curves all the way down, yet because you are KFing a whole group of them at once you don't disturb the straight bit in the middle, so no re-alignment required...

1665528584_slideyguy.thumb.gif.55fe6d34bade8cb6e89d6b5985e5d72e.gif

CBR

• Cerbera changed the title to Rope and the stickman animation