Unfolding triangles procedurally ...

Metier
Go to solution Solved by Cerbera,

Hi,

I'm looking to create a MoGraph setup which allows me to procedurally unfold triangles.

This is the type of thing I'm looking to set up:

Any ideas on where to start welcomed!

Thanks 🙂

• Solution

Procedurally ? Not natively I'm afraid. You would need some sort of unfolding plugin for that, and even that isn't likely to be fully parametric.

There is another thread about poly folding problems posted in the last 2 weeks, which tells you what the plugin possibilities are, so always make sure you search the site for before posting...

Here it is...

CBR

Yes, it's probably best to do this with a plugin, otherwise you'd have to manually animate the tris. According to the comments under the video on Vimeo, this was done without any plugins in Maya. Must have been quite a bit of work... Kuroyume's Unfurl plugin used to be able do something like that. It is no longer available, but there is the Dépliage (Unfolder) plugin by CodeVonc: 

https://code.vonc.fr/?a=59

Cheers,

Contrafibbularities