Robin Hood & Little John

• Silver Contributor

Hi Peeps

Here is another animation that I started on a few years ago for Bomper Studio but never finished. Originally it wasn't going to have cloth sims in it or hair but it switched over to that and I had to learn a bit about hair and Marvelous Designer 🙂

Anyway I wanted to polish this up and get the cloth and hair looking better along with rendering it all in Redshift.

There are some obvious faults that I am working on like cloth peaking through in places and the hair being a bit glittery but any comments and tips would be most welcome 🙂

Robin & John

• Silver Contributor

OK here is the latest version with improved boots (no cloth showing through) and clothing although there are a still a few little glitches. I am doing a Marvelous Designer course so hoping to find a way of improving the cloth, it doesn't help that these characters are jumping about a lot!

Have also looked at improving the hair render quality but even though I am using Redshift nodes it still seems a bit like they have tons of hairspray on their hair…

Looking forwards to any comments or tips 🙂

Robin & John

• Silver Contributor

@Capruzzese LOL! The render is definitely noisy since it is only a low res render with all the settings on low - thanks for the nice comments though 🙂

What I am trying to achieve is better hair and cloth simulations as well as the look of it using Redshift. I have started adding some more plants using Forester and am trying to get the cloth using Marvelous Designer to look as good as possible. The hair is also a bit shiny to me but I am working on it…

• Silver Contributor

OK when tinkering around with the cloth sims in MD I get this effect a lot where the cloth goes out of sync with the avatar even though the FPS is correct. Sometimes it syncs sometimes it don't…

I know that this is not C4D really but has anyone got any ideas?

Animation Sync Problem.jpg

• Silver Contributor

Think I have finally managed to sort the cloth out after reading the manual, watching some tuts and tinkering - it took a while! So I finally have the cloth looking correct and the toadstools are dotty 🙂

Next will be perfecting the rendering which will be a lot easier - I hope…

Robin & John

• Silver Contributor

Well here is the latest version with sound, a few splashes and the ending… Now I am looking at it I am wondering whether to add some 'God Ray' lighting through the trees... Perhaps a bird fluttering by?

Robin & John Sound

I think I might need to add a few more blinks… And John floating in the water…

Well done Gazza, I particularly like how the cloth has brought it to life. I wasn't sure about the walk styles initially but seeing it in context with the background music it works good 😀  I think the god rays and animated background elements will add to it further. One thing I had noticed was a seam between the river bed and pathway, might be able to hide it a bit with some foliage/rocks etc... but its definately coming along, well done!

Cheers,
Jody