Animation only shows after activating in timeline

Kenny
Go to solution Solved by bezo,

Hello everyone,

I'm not very experienced yet and struggle with probably simple program settings.

Since a few weeks every animation I added with keyframes won't play automatically in the viewport neither in the final render result. The object rests at the last keyframe I added.

Only if I toggle the "s" at the object inside the timeline the animation works properly. This problem appears in every file I create/open.

Timeline.PNG.5d83007948fe8d23e179b07a8f83bdb3.PNG

Until now this didn't bother me because it is also helpful in someway but now I need to animate materials which I can't edit inside the timeline. Google and hours of research couldn't answer this problem.

What do I have to do to see the animation in the viewport again directly after setting the keyframes without manually turning it on?

I would be so thankful for any help, this would save my study project!

Best wishes

Kenny

Hey Bezo,

thank you and of course.

When I open the attached file the sphere animation is only played when I open the timeline and activate the "s" (I don't know the correct term for this).

I just realized that if I start in a new project from scratch this problem dosen't seem to appear. Anyway the problem you will probably see occurs after a while in any project especialy the more complex ones.

Sphere Keyframe Example.c4d

• Solution

Icon with "S" means Solo. If you have animated multiple objects in the scene, pressing this icon will be played only this "solo" object/track.

To your scene. So, I didn´t found any issues with settings/layers/takes etc. which could have influence on resulted animation. Maybe you animate your object some "special" way and it´s resulted into this behaviour. For me just solo/unsolo track in Timeline leads to playable animation all the time.

Oh my god, thank you so much. I knew it must have been something simple but I didn't expect it to be just that dumb of me. I must have been activating solo by accident at a random object and I thaught I "solved" my problem but instead I made it kind of worse.

So after selecting all objects and just deactivating solo at all of them every animation works normal again.

Again, thank you so much!