A Vine on a House - animated short

Much improved house, but not sure about the greenish cast.  BTW you mention in your original post about not having voice actors because you can't get together to record anyone.  I assume it's because of COVID.  Regardless, and if I'm understanding you correctly, many voice recordings are done remotely these days, even before COVID.  Most professional narrators and voice actors have their own audio studios with phone taps so you can direct remotely.  Good luck on your project.  I'm a big fan of Bierce and my first student movie (live action) was based on Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.  Don't over-worry about the details, it's the story that's most important, and the way you bring it all together.  Really good voice talent would help a lot toward that end.

1 hour ago, Petematul said:

Much improved house, but not sure about the greenish cast.  BTW you mention in your original post about not having voice actors because you can't get together to record anyone.  I assume it's because of COVID.  Regardless, and if I'm understanding you correctly, many voice recordings are done remotely these days, even before COVID.  Most professional narrators and voice actors have their own audio studios with phone taps so you can direct remotely.  Good luck on your project.  I'm a big fan of Bierce and my first student movie (live action) was based on Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.  Don't over-worry about the details, it's the story that's most important, and the way you bring it all together.  Really good voice talent would help a lot toward that end.

I often, mostly do my voice stuff remotely.I only have 2 people willing to help who are friends as I have no budget for any of these projects. One guy has a nice set home up and the other I have to bring my recording stuff from Montreal to Boston. I have issues finding people here because I don't know that many English speakers willing or able to do it.  I do have a coloured light in there I should change. I love reading Bierce but adapting his stuff to the screen is difficult. The stories I can animate are really short and lack details that would transfer visually easily. At least it is more difficult for me. I have had to add elements or make explicit things that were more subtle in the original story. Poe and Lovecraft it's been about taking things out and Bierce the opposite.  I think I did a good with this one. There is a part in the past where the story details happen and then a part years later with someone finding the house to take photos of it which give him an excuse to be snooping around. I totally agree the details are nice but the story has to rule over everything else! 

I have not had much free time to work on this until today and I added some vines on the house and the terrain. I changed the leaf colours a little also and opened up more holes in the roof over the porch. might have to dull the leaves in the background trees some so the house stand out more. 

1490227400_woodhouseruins.jpg

Just the title logo for the animation. I have not had time to really work on theses I would have liked. I have zero peace or privacy to concentrate with us in another lockdown. I really want to get moving on making the characters and start animating! 

Vine_logo.jpg

14 hours ago, Petematul said:

I like the logo and, if you're looking for input, I would change the roof/chimney silhouette to something more historic.  Right now it looks like a roof belonging to a contemporary California ranch home.

I think I will look into that. Might have it match the actual house more.  Thanks! 

21 hours ago, Igor said:

I like the logo and the progress you are making, well done. :cowboypistol:

But sad to realize you not gonna enter Cafe challenge.  😕

I thought about! But this is based on a remade house I changed to fit my needs. It was sort of made with a touch laziness, a pinch of wanting to save time and a bit of, well that is already 70% there I should start with that. I did run into some geometry issues I wouldn't have had if I made it from scratch but I have made my peace with that, 

9 hours ago, GazzaMataz said:

It's getting better with each pass 🙂

The bit I am not sure about is the leaves on the tree in the foreground, they all look a bit symetrical/cloney? Did you make the tree or was it one from a library like Forester?

It's actually one tree from a series of tress I use for projects. I change the leaves around and play wth them for some variety, the background trees are just planes with images on them or this shot would never render.