Illuminating the Earth

Fileti

Hi, I want to replicate this image bellow, but I'm not able to light the planet so that only the side facing the sun is illuminated. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you! Eudes

Captura de Tela 2020-11-22 às 10.43.46.png

Edited by Cerbera
Fixed spelling in keywords

This section is for people posting their tips and tutorials, not for people asking questions. Please take care to post in the correct section, which in this case would be Lighting. I have moved it there now for you.

This really should be as simple as placing an omni light at the centre of the scene. I presume you have done that, but can't say why it's not working for you without you uploading the scene file or providing at least some screenshots and additional information about what you have already tried or what your current lighting setup is...

CBR

There are a few tutorials out there for this using the lumas shader as an alpha channel to change textures on the globe, so you have a night / dark texture and a bright daytime texture and use the lumas in an alpha to mask between them as the lumas will create white in the alpha wherever light falls.

An example below.

But in the case above if you don't want to see anything except black then as CBR says simple light in the middle should do it, assuming you have no other lights or luminent textures.

Deck

Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 17.25.35.png

Lumas alpha 01.c4d

• Cerbera changed the title to Illuminating the Earth