Cozy Tavern - by JLinton

JLinton

Hi everyone,
This looks a lot of fun so thought I'd try giving it a go, have to say the artwork submitted so far is great and very inspiring!
I thought of doing a tavern styled like a mushroom or a two-story mushroom, maybe at twilight with a bit of DOF etc...
Anyway here's my initial sketches (terrible at drawing!) and I've started blocking out some shapes.
Cheers,
Jody

Cosy Tavern Concept.jpg

• Silver Contributor

I agree, drawings are nice. Wish I could draw that well.

Ah, a mushroom tavern. That was on my list as well, but didn't get to find an appropriate "story" behind the picture.

Looks great so far. Looking forward to your end result.

Thanks Dan 😀
Eeeeek, I guess the 15th comes a little earlier for me being in New Zealand! Anyway, here's a new WIP, finished with layout and lighting and now onto texturing. I think if I run out of time I will leave the chimney smoke out, I havent really thought about how to do that yet.
Cheers,
Jody

Cozy Tavern Layout & Lighting V1.jpg

That looks very nice! Loving the DOF, it looks really smallÂ đŸ„°

You could use photoshop for the chimney smoke, depending on the style of course. If you google 'chimney smoke png', you get a lot of results where you can mess around with and test several options.

17 hours ago, kingcoma said:

That looks very nice! Loving the DOF, it looks really smallÂ đŸ„°

You could use photoshop for the chimney smoke, depending on the style of course. If you google 'chimney smoke png', you get a lot of results where you can mess around with and test several options.

Ahh, thanks for the tip, I gave it a go and its turned out well, I've kept it subtle 😁
Here's a looksie of the final I'll upload, I think the colour helps make it feel a bit frendlier.
Cheers,
Jody

Cozy Tavern - By JLinton.jpg

• Igor featured this topic