Guys how do I make a google earth style animation with my cinema 4d earth?

JohnnyBoy

Guys how do I make a google earth style animation with my cinema 4d earth?

File:

https://files.fm/u/ad53qrt9b

Guys lets use the United Kingdom as an example. I have provided a .png flag map of the UK among the files. I want to place the flag above the UK as an image overlay and make it like about 70% transparent.

In the animation

I want the earth to spin and zoom in to the UK map (just like google earth). That means there should be a point of origin from anywhere. The flag should appear at the moment it zooms.

Can you guys help me out with a video example to follow?

I'd really appreciate this.

aet16.jpg

Hey JOHNN,

I made a simple setup with a camera which is aligned on a spline and has a target. You can tweak the animation based on the length of your spline and the position in the "align to spline" tag. A target tag is connected to a null object (with another null which is a little bit higher in the Y-value) for the up-vector. So you camera will not be rotated accidentally.

You will find everything in the attachment. Hope this helps for the first step

setup.c4d

7 hours ago, matniedoba said:

Hey JOHNN,

I made a simple setup with a camera which is aligned on a spline and has a target. You can tweak the animation based on the length of your spline and the position in the "align to spline" tag. A target tag is connected to a null object (with another null which is a little bit higher in the Y-value) for the up-vector. So you camera will not be rotated accidentally.

You will find everything in the attachment. Hope this helps for the first step

setup.c4d 147.76 kB · 0 downloads

Hi MATNIEDOBA

Please I'm still new to cinema 4d so can you show everything from scratch (beginning)?. How you created everything about the animation from the beginning of it to the end because the video seems to be half way through and only 10 secs long. I want to know how you started the animation in detail so that I can follow it step by step and apply it.

That's a perfect animation btw...

7 hours ago, matniedoba said:

Thanks.