Cloner objects getting recalculated everytime with volume mesher alembic

Hey all, 

So got a small problem here about animating a volume mesher. The voxel range threshold has animation and a rectangular is being formed out of a noise map and this has been turned into alembic so that clone object can recognize inside of it as well. There are spheres cloned on top of it in object mode, but everytime this gets animated, these spheres change location. Anyone got any idea how to make them stay put? Those little black dots in the video. Thanks a lot!

Yeah that's not a so much small problem as it is a massive one for that whole plan, because the cloner is not expecting a mesh where the point count constantly changes, and so has no choice but to recalculate on every frame where it is different to the previous one. I can't see that there is any way around that using that method and keeping it live. I suspect you may have to manually constrain instances to the surface instead.

CBR

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah that's not a so much small problem as it is a massive one for that whole plan, because the cloner is not expecting a mesh where the point count constantly changes, and so has no choice but to recalculate on every frame where it is different to the previous one. I can't see that there is any way around that using that method and keeping it live. I suspect you may have to manually constrain instances to the surface instead.

CBR

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I do agree on that. That cloner is actually working normally and it would change locations as the thing keeps changing shape. I was just trying to add some specks on a foam material, couple of shiny spots to make it look like the real thing but I guess i have to find another way. Thank you though.