Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spongebob2

New Motion Matching test with Footage and C4d

Just a quick 3 second motion tracking and match test that I have been working towards doing for some time, just a lot to learn in the process.Let know what ya all think!

:D

6-27-06

Updated:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couple new tracked movies that i have been messing with. I have 2 more little tests to add later on today.

But I have to give it up to pfTrack, the ease of working with footage and the quick setup of a scene is really nice. I am still learning how to refine and control the tracking, but it is cool. Now I just need to get Mograph and combine tracking, with 3d and music with motion...sweet...

New Tracked with 3d Tests

1st Track test....

Link to AE Render Comp

Nice work..looks good so far ;)

Guest bonsak

Nice work..looks good so far  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi

Looks like footage and CG have different FPS.

The ball have smooth motion from frame to frame but the footage looks like it

is slower with framebleding turne on.

Regards

Bonsak

Yeah I think that there is "1" fps difference in the FPS between the footage. Plus the footage of the plant I took with my simple camera (no tripod), so I am hoping today to get some good footage to play with from a friends DV camera. I think with that higher quality footage I should be able to get better match movement tracking and higher quality footage to mess around with.

Looks great. Did you need a special plug-in or additional software?

Cheers, Simon.

Simonk - I used pfTrack for the tracking of the footage. Once you do that then you take and import the tracked points into C4d and the tracked footage. Then it is a matter of matching the lighting and placement of 3d objects.

I'll post the updated links here too for a couple newer tests... :)

6-27-06

Newer tracked and 3d comps link.

Guest CaptainMench

Sponge...

Can you give a quick description on how you do shadows for that? Did you lay in a floor object and turn off it's render?

I'm having problems with shadows and need a page in the manual.

Thanks

CaptM

Here is a snip from MAXON.org on the tutorial for the trash can. Basically create a plane to represent the floor and then do the following.

Now add a Compositing Tag (File=>New Tag=>Compositing Tag) to the Plane and in the Attributes Manager uncheck Cast Shadows since you don't want the shadow catcher geometry creating its own shadows anywhere. Then you're also going to check Compositing Background. This will cause the object to be self illuminated yet still recieve shadows, so your Plane will blend in seamlessly with the self illuminated Background image

NIce work..wow...hey can we see more of the LAdy :P

I may have to give you guys a little more footage in the near future of the dancers if your interested...:)