Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest chrishollins

R10 Files Won't Go To 9.6

Guest chrishollins
  • Topic Author
  • Has anyone noticed that you can't load an R10 file back into 9.6. I Keep getting 'Unknown file format'. They go the other way, from 9.6 to 10 without a problem, but you can't go back.

Has anyone noticed that you can't load an R10 file back into 9.6. I Keep getting 'Unknown file format'. They go the other way, from 9.6 to 10 without a problem, but you can't go back.

Yes. I found this out first time I went to save one of my scenes with R10 and got an alert to warn me that if I continued it would be unreadable with any earlier version. I did hesitate but to have held back would have rendered the upgrade futile.

SKP

Nope you can't go backwards

John

I've been using R10 for a couple of months now and I can't see any reason much to want to go back to 9.6. The times would be if you wanted to help someone else out who didn't have R10. However I think it pays to have both R10 and 9.6 loaded since some plugins won't work in R10. Fizz for example or to use the Simbiont shaders.

3DKiwi

I've been using R10 for a couple of months now and I can't see any reason much to want to go back to 9.6. The times would be if you wanted to help someone else out who didn't have R10. However I think it pays to have both R10 and 9.6 loaded since some plugins won't work in R10. Fizz for example or to use the Simbiont shaders.

3DKiwi

3DKiwi

What do you see as the best way to 'commute' between the two? ie bring the shader results back into 10?

Ed