Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netrender

Ok I've made good progress in getting Netrender going. The only thing that I can't get the clients to see are the plugins used in my scene. Which folder do the plugins go on the clients.

Cheers

Steve

I thin a client install is the same as CINEMA install, except no CINEMA. Should still have plugins folder.

Hi Kalab

The odd thing is that when I copied the modules and plugins needed to the client and then started net render it deletes the plugin from the scene folder that I had put it in.

I had created a folder called plugins and one called modules and then ran it from there and still got a no go.

I have run a test succesfully on a scene that just and procedural textures but no image textures.

In the help file it says to created a folder called modules and one called plugins in the client folder but when I looked in the client folder there was already folders called modules and plugins.

I am obviously doing something wrong. So close yet so far. Do I have to install the module rather than copying it from my pc to the client. Also something else that was odd was that the textures vanished out of the tex folder that I had copied across too.

Any help is greatly recieved ;)

Thanks

Steve

Are you putting them in the tex and plugin folders within the Client folder? I think that's where they go (I could be wrong, been awhile). Maybe you have to specify in the CLient where the texs and plugins are at?

The issue with the plugs and modules seems to be resolved :huh: but the only way I can seem to get the clients to still see the textures is by manualy uploading them in the same place as the c4d file. Is this the correct way or should I be able to drop the complete tex folder somewhere on the clients.

Thanks

Steve

Wayhey success laugh.gif

The only thing I have left to ask is this. In the results folder it is creating a .tif but also a .b3d file too. Is this normal, if not how do I stop it.

I only want the tif file.

Sorted it. 2nd to last line in the manual :D

Thanks

Steve

I think as it is rendering it makes the b3d file then when it is done..it makes them what ever you have pick the final file format tobe ;)

I just read the manual and of course it was the second to last line in it laugh.gif

It creates is but then deletes it at the end.

Steve