Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stevehewitt1950

Content Browser Screwed Up

• Topic Author
  • I can no longer use the Basic materials from the content browser for some reason. They drag and drop as normal but on rendering the renderer reports that the .jpg files are missing. The preview in the editor window shows correctly however.

I downloaded the 9.521 materials again and put the file in the library\browser folder instead of the old one. Now there are TWO of them in the content browser even though the original was deleted. Neither of them work properly either.

Is there a way of resetting the Content Browser to what is actually there and where have the basic .jpgs gone?

Is this caused by installing Release 10 while 9.6 was still there? I have now deleted 9.6 but stuff from that is still haunting the Content Browser.

steve, I've seen this too. I assume that there is some incompatibility between R10 and R9.6. One solution that seems to work is to make your materials in 9.6, save then open in R10. Not ideal but better than nothing.

SKP

Nice one, Patrick. We were overlooking the obvious.

SKP

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

Downloading the textures did the trick. I also deleted all the old stuff that was hidden around the place.

What I can't understand is why the texture .jpgs were not on the installation DVD. The Sky PSDs were loaded OK. The release notes only mention installing the help file separately.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I think this must just have been an oversight by MAXON because when they released the 9.521 content library, the jpgs were ALREADY on the system and in the TEX search path as they were used by basics.c4d from earlier versions. Adding the same content library to R10 was not enough as basics.c4d + jpgs were no longer included.