Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3DKiwi

New R10 Book

• Topic Author
  • Hi everyone. There's a new book for R10 coming in a few weeks by Arndt von Koenigsmarck. You can pre order it now from Amazon.com, direct link here.

Those who've been around C4D for a few years may be familiar with Arndt's R7 book which was regarded as one of the best C4D books written. I've ordered this for myself and I'll let members know what I think when it arrives and I've had a look through.

Here's the cover. You can get more info from the link above.

3DKiwi

Guest Andoy

I have pre ordered it also... i will let you all know my thoughts after xmas when i've gone through it..

Thanks for the tip 3DKiwi..:)

You beat me to it 3DKiwi! I found this on Amazon a couple days and was going to post a message about it to the forum. It looked good based on what I could tell from the contents description. But what held me off from ordering it was that R10 comes with many hours of tutorials. So I would appreciate if you could tell us how it compares to other learning sources (e.g. MAXON tutorials, the Cafe tutorials, etc.). Does it offer any new information, clarrify points made in other tutorials, go deeper into certain areas, etc.

Again, I would have purchased it, but I blew my Christmas budget on the R10 upgrade and I just purchased a Vue 5 Infinite training bundle of DVD's (Getting Started and Advanced Volumes 1, 2 and 3). My next big purchase is the Vue6 Extreme upgrade for Cinema 4D (which I could have gotten at Siggraph for $350....price is now $550...ouch). I will be taking off Christmas week off and going through the Vue tutorials and the tutorials that ship with R10. Should be some week.

3D-Pangel

• Topic Author
  • Hi Dave. Sure will, in fact I may even do a review on it since we're starting to move into doing product reviews for the cafe. And hopefully my R10 tutorial disk will arrive today or tomorrow. I've been told it's been posted.

Yeah I've blown my budget (what budget) as well. I've mail ordered a whole lot of new parts to build a new PC. Core Duo 2.4 system. Should be here today I hope.

3DKiwi

I got the email too. Check what Arndt says here.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php...6953&page=2

It may be Amazon exaggerating the time frame because they havn't got the books in yet. I'm going to be optimistic here and say books will be delivered earlier than 4-6 weeks. You can quote me on that :D . It will probably be 3 weeks 6 days 23 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds :P

• Topic Author
  • I received an email a few days ago from Amazon US to say my book had shipped. Hopefully it will be here next week. The cafe is planning on doing a review of this book but the review could be several months off.

3DKiwi

I am glad to hear there may a review coming up! This book is on my amazon wish list, but I am hesitant to buy something sight unseen. I've been burned a couple times in the past with cinema books! (as well as many others)