Info News:
  • C4D Cafe 2.0 COMING SOON!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3DKiwi

New R10 Book

Guest Tink

awesome, i guess i'm gonna have to buy this book, it sounds really good :)

• Topic Author
  • Mine arrived 10 minutes ago. Looks to be a very good book.

And look I just happen to be wearing a Cafe t-shirt!!

3DKiwi

Guest law2004

iam going to see if i can buy an ebook for this :)!

• Topic Author
  • Is there one? If there is one then you'll miss out on the extras that come on the CD. Bonus chapter and a lite version of the Photomatch plugin. Plus all of the scene files.

My book took approx a week to travel from the USA to New Zealand.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • LOL - in fact that's a hard disk inside a metal frame.

I've had time to have a look through the book. There's some good stuff particularly on modelling however the sections on Bodypaint, Xpresso and rigging are pretty brief and entry level from what I can see. We'll cover this in our review of the book.

3DKiwi

p.s. here's the car model that the book shows you how to model, textures and light rendered.

3DKiwi,

Prior to your usually very thorough reviews, could you give us a first impression similar to what you just said about how the book goes into rigging, Bodypaint, etc. What does the book do well, not do well. What is in-depth, what is skimmed over.

You don't have to read the whole book for this, but just a gut-level feel relative to how the book covers core, AR, Expresso, Mocca, hair, MoGraph, TP, pyrocluster...etc...etc..etc.

3D-Pangel

P.S. Nice picture. Though the one of you holding up King Kong is still a classic! ;-)

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

• Topic Author
  • Hi Dave. The book tries to cover a bit of everything with the major focus on modelling. The big project is quite a detailed car model.

Mograph is not in the index so I assume it's not covered. XPresso takes up about 2 pages so doesn't cover much. Rigging occupies a bit more space but is still quite brief.

The CD has a bonus chapter of modelling a cartoon Karate character.

Particles & TP aren't listed in the index so I assume there's nothing. The hair module is used to make a leave on a plant.

So my gut feeling is this is an ideal book for beginners / intermediate users wanting to learn modelling. There's a section on animating and you're taken through the R10 basic animation tools.

Hope this helps.

3DKiwi

The car model seems fine to me.

I always want to learn to model a nice car. This is one thing I never do (except my Chevy-bell air).

But do you think I could learn something from this book? :unsure:

peace,

Rich_Art. ;)

Now I'm a gamer :-) . Xbox One GameTag = Olijke Poffer

Guest Crazyrasko

I also got the book just yesterday. I had a look through, and I think the book is great. I'm using C4D just a few months now, and as a begginer in 3D world I think the book will open me many doors in it :)

Very detailed step-by-step modelling of MAC desktop PC, and even more detailed modelling of the car 3DKiwi posted. Like he mentioned, it is really a great value for begginers and intermediate users. I can't wait to come home tonight and start using it... :)

By the way, it traveled about 10 days from USA to Slovenia.

Hi Dave. The book tries to cover a bit of everything with the major focus on modelling. The big project is quite a detailed car model.

Mograph is not in the index so I assume it's not covered. XPresso takes up about 2 pages so doesn't cover much. Rigging occupies a bit more space but is still quite brief.

The CD has a bonus chapter of modelling a cartoon Karate character.

Particles & TP aren't listed in the index so I assume there's nothing. The hair module is used to make a leave on a plant.

So my gut feeling is this is an ideal book for beginners / intermediate users wanting to learn modelling. There's a section on animating and you're taken through the R10 basic animation tools.

Hope this helps.

3DKiwi

Perfect....Thankyou!

Is there any reason why books cover C4D Core and DVD's cover the modules?

3D-Pangel

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Guest mAo

I´ve already got my copy of the R9 version. Dont know if its worth to spend another 40 €.

I think its better to buy "more deep look insight" books/DVDs like kiwis body paint dvd

if you are no beginnner anymore.

R9 got a subtitle: Basics & Workshops for Pro´s - haha basics for pro´s...mmh that doesnt match.

Anyway, I am looking forward for the review.