Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3DKiwi

New R10 Book

Rel 10 tutorials are coming once we get the R10 review out of the way.

If you're rigging in R10 you should be using joints. The soft IK tutorial with the alien head can be don in R10 using joints however you just use Soft IK tags and the setup IK chain from legacy menu.

I gather another R10 book or an updated "The Cinema 4D Handbook" is coming out this year. More on that later.

3DKiwi

I dont know what about all of you guys, but I did the mocca tutorial in the tutorial DVD and it was a great push with mocca 3 and I think all of you should do it

I dont know what about all of you guys, but I did the mocca tutorial in the tutorial DVD and it was a great push with mocca 3 and I think all of you should do it

Yes Okfir, thanks for that reminder. I will do that too - guess I just forgot about it being there. I got stuck in the Bodypaint section on that little butterflyguy and went & plunged into something else (is there just so much to explore in C4D or what?!) And yes, I will have to buy Kiwi's BodyPaint DVD too.

Thanks again for being helpful.

I still using R9.1 and am looking at getting R10 if they update some modeling stuff (hinge mode among others), would Arnt's book still help using R9.1 ?

Modelling tools havn't been enhanced in R10 so modelling tuts in Ardnt's R10 book can be followed in R9.

However the book has been written specifically for R10 so screen shots are all using the new light scheme. Still a very good book for beginners. Intermediate to advanced users may find it disappointing.

3DKiwi

Ok, so I think it is not a book for me.

Alway hard to judge of course, but I don't consider myself as a beginner anymore.

But that is not for me to decide.

I hope you guys can tell me if I'm a beginner or not. :unsure:

Haha. pfff as you can read I can use more self-confidence I guess.

Peace,

Rich_Art. ;)

Thanks for the tip, I look forward to read the "rewiev".

Anyone in the UK managed to get this book? I ordered mine from Amazon UK weeks ago, it was meant to be dispatched this week, got an email this morning saying it will now be another 3-5 weeks!! :huh:

Favouritism! I received notification of another 4~6 weeks to delivery. :angry:

I think Amazon are looking on this as a specialized subject book and basing their stock on the pre-order numbers.

Cheers, Alan.

Favouritism! I received notification of another 4~6 weeks to delivery. :angry:

I live in Cambridgeshire – it’s closer to their warehouse :D

Amazon.com must have plenty as it’s next day delivery in the US. You’d have thought they could have shipped some over to the UK branch in a couple of weeks at the most! :(