Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3DKiwi

New R10 Book

Guest IsleofGough

3DKiwi's DVD is good (I have it), but also the section on pelt mapping, UV's, and bodypaint on the training DVD with R10 (the Butterfly portion) is pretty good. Essentially one is cutting a seam in a 3D object to allow it to be opened up and flattend out and the points stick the UV's down at those areas.

Have you got my BP DVD Rick? The problem with BP is it's like learning a whole new app even if you are familiar with C4D. To do it justice would take a book all on its own. Hence over 16 hours on my DVD.

3DKiwi

Oh I was going to say I’m too cheap to buy Mr. Kiwi’s BP DVD, but I forgot. I guess if I really cannot figure it out I’ll have shell or go procedural my entire 3D career. Still why does it have to be so complicated? I think MAXON should come up with easier approach, and I’m planning another grievous, bitter, wailing, complaint, which will have the entire company in an uproar. Look, I think you should just be able to select your model or model part, click a button, boom! You got your bitmap to play with in Photoshop, and or, you just go into Bodypaint where you can just start airbrushing or whatever, right on the model, just like real painting of a model, no muss no fuss. There, I said it, and I’m glad.

ps You have a major bandwidth problem for the site.

Guest IsleofGough

You can indeed get a computer generated uv map. But if you pick the seams yourself (knowing what areas are important in texture detail and which are less so), you will get a better result. Just imagine trying to open up a tennis ball. You are going to have to make at least one slit to flatten it out without the front and back overlapping. It seems more difficult than it really is at the beginning. Check out the XSI forums and how people generally buy expensive addins to do pelt mapping. The good news is that you have it free in C4D R10.

• Topic Author
  • ps You have a major bandwidth problem for the site.

I don't understand what you mean?

BP is easy once you know how. It's just getting started that's the problem!! I very greatful to MAXON for not having many tuts on BP :P All the better for me selling my BP DVD and especially since R10 has come out.

3DKiwi

I don't understand what you mean? 3DKiwi

There was a short period of grindingly slow loading. It unchoked after an hour or so.

Cheers, Alan.

I want to buy a book for c4d.

I have this book in mind but also i was told for the

Exploring 3D Modeling with Cinema 4D V9

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Exploring-Modeling...7305&sr=8-1

I don't mind if its R9 related. Oh and please .. :D don't tell me to get them both...not now!

NOOO! Don't buy it. I think there is a new Tony Alley book for R.10 coming out soon.

Buy it instead.... and Arndt's as well. :) It is excellent and well worth the money.

Especially if you intend upgrading to C4D 10 in the near future.

Cheers, Alan.

Sad....too late...order already placed ......... :(

• Topic Author
  • I've got a DVD sitting here waiting for you :)

3DKiwi

Haha.

Yes the BP DVD from Nigel is cheap and good.

Peace,

Rich_Art. ;)

Guest 7thphoenix

NOOO! Don't buy it. I think there is a new Tony Alley book for R.10 coming out soon.

Buy it instead.... and Arndt's as well. :) It is excellent and well worth the money.

Especially if you intend upgrading to C4D 10 in the near future.

Cheers, Alan.

I don't think a new tony Alley book will be out for quite some time, I bought the R.9 book and it is excellent!

Really learnt a lot from it.

I'm now beginning working through Arndts R.10 book, I have no regrets buying both, rather glad I did and as soon as I get a credit card I'll fork out for 3Dkiwi's BP DVD, not easy getting credit cards in JAPAN since they discriminate quite liberally when dealing with Foreign clientele vs native Japanese, especially here in Osaka.

I don't think a new tony Alley book will be out for quite some time, I bought the R.9 book and it is excellent!

Really learnt a lot from it.

Glad you found the T.A. book helpful. I wasn't too sure about the R.10 release date.

The good thing is that the established principles remain the same.

As I seem to have convinced you to buy Arndt's book as well, I might get the T.A. book for myself. :D

Cheers, Alan.