Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vilandra

Can A Character Emit Itself Creating A Trail?

• Topic Author
  • Im sure there has to be a way to do this without having to resort to Maya. (The original effect was done with Maya for the tv show). however, I want to use C4D.

I think I know how the shot was done...

The character in the video footage is tracked, and then using a low poly 3D character to follow the path and movement of the 2D character, while emitting itself to create the thermal pulses going through the air, which im assuming are done in a compositing app using a displacement map.

My problem right now is getting the 3d character to emit itself correctly.... which would be expanding, and fading at the same time, while remaining static to the position in which it was emitted.

Man, I hope that made sense. What a mouthful.

• Topic Author
  • Ive been playing with this again, and still cannot come up with a solution. Although I have not tried coffee because I have no experience with it.

Ive tried mograph, but cannot figure out which cloner works best, and the tracer works nicely, but all it does is produce lines.

Anyone want to take a shot at it again? I would still like to produce this using C4D.

Guest dataflow

is this the kind of thing u want

i did that with a basic tp

you can change the speed they move and the amount of object produced

• Topic Author
  • Looks good to me. What happens if you move the main characters arm or leg? Also, the clones must have a different texture than the main character has. Is that possible with TP?