Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scodigy

Quicktime Problems..anyone Else

Hey is anyone else getting alot of trouble with the latest quicktime. I can't run any of my older .mov files done in sorenson3 encoding and also whenever I try to open music or movies in IE it gives me either a lockup or some buffer overrun popup. I never had any problems until I installed the new QT about a month ago.

:angry:

Check and see if there are codec updates for the formats causing problems.

Cheers, Alan.

Well, I'm not sure which codecs are the problem. It seems anything older definitely crashes it...locks me up tighter than a drum. I have to restart the computer...I can't even get the Wondows manager to come on.

Sometimes it does it within a IE6 pop up window..such as mp3's and some movies. I really wish I could use something else at this point because I never had this bug with the older verion of QT.

I've got the latest update to QT also. Maybe it just doesn't play well with ATI or X2's ?

Any idea where I might find these codecs? Seems there are alot of "free" ones that end up not being so free.

I seemed to have found a solution to this. There is a thing called quicktime alternative that allows you to run .mov in Window Media Player 11.

So far everything I couldn't run in Quicktime, now runs fine in Media Player 11 with the help of this codec.

Strangest thing ehh? Quicktime movies running better in Windows Media player than in QT?