Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3doraemon

File Recovery

Question

• Inquirer
  • I hope someone else has gone through this problem. More accurately, I hope someone has had this problem and found a solution.

I have the new Vue 6 xStream with the Cinema 4D plugin installed. While working on my model for the speed contest, I had a crash related to the Vue plugin when I tried to save, and a recovery file was created. However, when I try to load either the original file or the recovery scene, I get an 'Not enough memory...' error. I've got 2 gig, and it was loading fine beforehand.

Any ideas on recovering the file? I don't have Vue installed on my laptop, so maybe it will work there...

3 answers to this question

Chances are that the file is not recoverable.

Cheers

Bjorn

Just do a search for some free file recovery software.

Here's one http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

You never know it may be able to recover older versions of the file if not the file itself. I would have a go at installing Vue on your laptop and trying to open it there.

• Inquirer
  • Unfortunately, the file does not seem to be readable. Insert profanity stream here. To be fair, e-onsoftware did state that this was a pre-release, so I was taking my chances. But I never dreamed it would corrupt a file where I did not have Vue atmosphere.

Fair warning to all who might consider Vue at this point, it is not ready for prime time. And it can impact regular C4D files. And the renders in C4D are much longer than just in Vue itself. That said, the results are amazing. I think Vue xStream will become as much a part of feature film work as any other animation or compositing package.