Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest dataflow

Site Meta Tags & Search Engines

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • im not expert on search engines but iv notice that this site doesnt have good meta tags in there source code.

actually it doesnt have any.

like i said im not an expert on search engines but that might be why they are boging down the forums.

and taking so long to leave the site

Hi. I've no idea what you're talking about but I'll pass this on to 3DCrew. He's the techie and looks after this sort of stuff.

3DKiwi

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • the meta tags are put in the source code of the sites html and is used so search engines can get keyword and description for your site without searching for it.

but i dont know if it stops them searching your site.but it might, like i said im not an expert so i might be wrong

Ahy those things. I know I put those in my html pages when I make them.

Let's hope 3DCrew can give us some input. I'm currently away from home for the next couple of days with very limited and slow net access.

As I mention in the other thread, it's very frustrating for me so no doubt it's frustrating for the members.

Cheers

3DKiwi

It appears to me that what is happening here might be Bot attacks. Bots go out and scan the net for emails, user info, tel no. etc. They tend to hit forums and blogs due to the high level of postings and members.

There were times today when I couldn't log on where I noticed an extreme number of anonymous guests once I got in. There might be someone doing multiple scans at the same time? <_<

Update - I've been looking in the admin section for the forum. There's no meta tag settings but I've told the forum to treat spiders as banned members. This should essentially only give them access to the front page but not the forums or gallery. We then have a long list of search engine spiders that I loaded in some time ago. All of the common ones are in that list. I'll see if there's an updated list when I get home.

Shouldn't really have to do this as we've generally not had too many problems.

3DKiwi

Guest Nights
  • Topic Author
  • Btw! Looks that C4DCafe are very bad indexed by Google and other search engines. You must do something with this because lot of people would be searching about Cinema 4D questions and not finding this site.

3DKiwi, just look for a SEO Optimization advices, there are lot of sites talking about this, and I think there are exclusively on IPB Optimization questions too.

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • cafe does show up in google but is not at top

when i did a search for c4d forums c4d cafe was at bottom of first page

and when i did a search for c4d tut the cafe was at the bottom of the second page

and when doing a search for c4d gallery cafe comes up on in the middle of the 5th page

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • i did another search on google for "3d forums"

and c4d cafe didnt show at all. i looked up untell page 55 and still no cafe

pm sent to ScottA. I've tracked down where to alter the code. I just need some help.

3DKiwi

In fact I think I've got it sussed. Try looking at the code now. I've added the following:

<meta name="Description" content="C4D Cafe - Tutorials and forums about Cinema 4D and Bodypaint 3D"><meta name="Keywords" content="Cinema 4D, Bodypaint, 3D, Animating, Mocca, Thinking Particles, Sketch and Toon, Advanced Render, MoGraph, XPresso, 3DKiwi, Tutorials, MAXON">

3DKiwi

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • in the tag u should put 3d forums.

maybe search bots will put the word 3d and forum together it self but maybe not

because if you do a google search for 3d forums cafe doesnt show up