Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DutchStylez

Zbrush Displacement...

Guest MilesBaskett

A boring list of things to check compare:

1.Material set up, are the poorly displaced objects using the same MAT set-up as the ones that look good?

2.Displacement textures, how does the good one compare to the to the bad ones? And, can you remember if you did anything different during the good and bad ones.

3.SPD, is it set up right in the material?

Personally, I think the problem is probably forgetting one minor thing in ZB. I have a list that I usually run down as I go through ZB, just so I don't forget something minor.

• Topic Author
  • A boring list of things to check compare:

1.Material set up, are the poorly displaced objects using the same MAT set-up as the ones that look good?

2.Displacement textures, how does the good one compare to the to the bad ones? And, can you remember if you did anything different during the good and bad ones.

3.SPD, is it set up right in the material?

Personally, I think the problem is probably forgetting one minor thing in ZB. I have a list that I usually run down as I go through ZB, just so I don't forget something minor.

Hi Miles,

not at all borring.... this issue keeps me pretty much awake... :)

1. bassically all meshes do use the same mat. setup but all with different settings cause I think it is impossible to have one mat. setup that fits all displ. maps (i mean height tweaking, contrast/ level tweaking etc.)

2. the good displ. map has a lot more detail in it must be something that I did in zbrush before calculating it,

but I really wouldn't know what it could be...

3. yes I would say that it is set up right different tests made using different settings etc.

I think that you are right and that I have to use a setting in zbrush that I don't use before rendering the displ. map. I have read several tutorials regardin this issue and think that I have everything set the way it's supposed to be... but not...

Could it be possible that you share your checklist with me I would be really gratefull...

I really want to solve this problem cause I love painting displacement in zbrush but this issue really bugs me out.

Anyway real BIG thanks for your help so far

Tom

• Topic Author
  • I will post some screen grabs of zbrush detail and cinema to compare...

will take a bit...

• Topic Author
  • Well here they are...

first screengrab of realtime zbrush display no rendering on and subd. lvl 8 (3mln polys)...

next the Cinema screengrab only setting changed is the hdr Gamma set to 1

and the height is set to 50 cm the displ. map size is 4096x 4096 with 32 bit depth.

man this has to give some better results than this....

another screengrab after some fast tweaking.... lowered the height to 25cm subd in cinema upped to lvl6( much to high if you ask me) and added filter to the displ. map and tweaked contrast and brightness...

a litle more detail but not close to what I have in zbrush. the mesh gets displaced but

it differs compl. from what I have in Zbrush.

Regards Dutch