Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richart

Free Ivy Generator

:( Uh okay, I tried to launch the ivy generator, PC, and it said did not know what to do with this file. I thought perhaps I downloaded incorrectly, so I chucked it, downloaded again, and it still did not work. I thought I misunderstood, so I tried opening with C4D, but it does not recognize it. Is it not a stand alone application? It says 4.16MB for size. :blink:

Go in to the ivy generator folder.. then the 'bin' folder, than click on the ivv generator app you find there to launch it

Go in to the ivy generator folder.. then the 'bin' folder, than click on the ivv generator app you find there to launch it

There is no bin folder. Here is what gets downloaded, and the message that appears when trying to open it. Just to avoid confusion, I am fairly computer literate. There is something happening here however, I do not understand. :blink: It shows the C4D default because I tried to open it with that when it offered a list of programs, but of course it does not open since it is an application. Something is weird here.

• Topic Author
  • You need to unrar that file.

Peace,

Rich_Art. ;)

Guest aquastealth

Great little app but what size of your objects do you recommend

to use before exporting from C4D I just modeled a basic cube

and it came in like a ginormous castle in Ivy Generator.

Also a tip you can easily make your own leaf textures in Photoshop

etc and then just switch in material editor of C4D maybe you could

change to other things than leafs to get a more artistic look :)

You need to unrar that file.

Peace,

Rich_Art. ;)

Okay, see I had no one to tell me, because in Macintosh a compressed file is a zip file which is decompressed automatically with software pre-installed in the os. I see with Windows you must download a separate rar extractor. How convenient. <_<