Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richart

All Layers Visable Or No Painting

• Topic Author
  • Hi All,

I have a annoying problem with BP3.

I have a whole lot of materials for my weird character scene.

In all the materials I have a top layer set to multiply. On these layers I have outlined the UV-Map.

This because I do the most painting in Photoshop.

When I'm done in PS, I turn off the top layer (uv-Map) and save the psd file.

Back in C4D I reload the texture. This works good.

Now the problem.

When I want to paint in BP I get the message that I must turn on all invisible layers.

Why?? I'm not working on all the materials at the same time. But BP don't care. I must go trough all the mats and turn on the Uv_map layers. If you have 2 materials it is no problem, but when you have a lot more then 2 materials it becomes very annoying.

Is this a limit of BP or is there a workaround?

Peace,

Rich_Art. ;)

Feel free to email or pm with your psd file. I'll apply it to a plane object and have a look. Easier to figure it out actually using a texture than trying to work through it in my brain :)

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • It is not a problem of 1 PSD file. The problem is that I have several PSD files (materials) all with 1 top layer with the outlined Uv_map on it. (white background and a black lined UV-map.)

I set this layer to multiply and put this one on top of all the layers (in PhotoShop) This way I always can see the UV-map when I do the painting.

When I'm done with the painting, I turn off this Top UV-map layer and save the file.

I reload the PSD file in C4D. All ok. But when I want to paint in BP I get a message that tells me to turn on all invisible layers. I can understand that I must do that for the material I'm currently working on.

But I must turn All invisible layers from all the materials that are in the scene file.

That part I don't understand. Why must I do something with materials which I'm not working on.

But if you need the file, I'm happy to send you the whole scene as it is right now.

Peace,

Rich_Art. ;)

Yeah shoot it through and I'll take a look.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • Ok Nigel,

I will zip the file and upload it. I will send you an PM with the link to to file.

Peace,

Rich_Art. ;)

Cool. Thanks. Can't guarantee I can help. But who knows!!

3DKiwi