Tp To Stick To Spline Or Polyggon

supafraud

Hello,

So, i just got 10 today! I also got XL and mograph so I have a couple of questions on how to use my new tools... ...I would like to make a text object in mograph, and then shoot particles at it and have them either stick to the text object, or have them align themselves uniformly on the surface (ideal) now if i have to use a spline instead, i can live with that too or if i have to make the text editable and stick them to polygons.... ...any help would be appreciated. I'm not a complete noob, but you might have to dumb things down if you bring expresso into the equation (i'm thinking this might be the case).

Thanks guys

BTW - this site is a life saver, 3dkiwi for president!

I think there are example scenes for this that come with C4D, have a look for the tim clapham hypaTV scene files

If not have a look at my scene file, it is not mograph but TP..maybe not what you want

http://www.black-and-white-to-color.com/ip...php?download=29

you need to be a posting memeber of my forum to d/l

I tried to register on your forum and it wont let me validate.. :-(

what user name did you use

ah, i screwed up, if you could change supafaud to supafraud that would be cool ;-)

Hey, and i just got the file, am i wrong or is this just a surface emitter that has wind blown on it? Not that that wouldn't work, but is that how you did it?

well you have the file it is there to be dissected, i just made an emitter and use tp to target the particles to a skull mesh then used wind to blow thrm away

i will change your un now

• 4 weeks later...

ah, i screwed up, if you could change supafaud to supafraud that would be cool ;-)

Hey, and i just got the file, am i wrong or is this just a surface emitter that has wind blown on it? Not that that wouldn't work, but is that how you did it?

i'd use an emitter that blows the particels onto the mesh. in xpresso you have the possibility to check if the particles collide with an object. i can't remember the name of the node but you can create an "object collision"-object and have a look in it's xpresso tag.

as soon as the particels hit the mesh (node output = TRUE) you can use the "set speed" node to make the particels stop. like that every time a particle hits the target mesh it stops.

hope this helps rolleyes.gif

phloh

Archived