Dynamics Tutorials

GSwartz

I've searched the forum and I haven't seen any links to dynamics tutorials. I've worked through one I found on the internet and it worked okay. But now I'm running into a problem where when I try to recreate it with an existing scene, my objects fall right through the floor. I've tried to make sure my floor is the same as in the tutorial, so I don't understand why my falling objects are "bouncing" as they should. Does anyone know of any other decent tutorials on dynamics? Thanks.

Best one I've seen is from the upcoming Release 10 book by Anson Call.

I've held back from doing too much with dynamics as the module is badly out of date and too hard to use. Other 3D programs do dynamics a lot better.

Feel free to zip up your scene and upload.

3DKiwi

one common thing i always forget is to make sure everything is made editable, primitives will not work with dynamics

Thanks Paul but that was one thing I did notice was stressed in the tutorial I was following, but that didn't seem to make a difference. I've attached the scene file.

Archived