Cloner Object/object Mode/ Object = Text Object?

supafraud

No, when you use the object mode, you define an object and use its points as the roots for positioning the TEXT object.

To directly clone the TEXT object, use one of the other modes. Linear, Radial or Grid Array.

Simple sample of both below.

HTH, Alan.

No, when you use the object mode, you define an object and use its points as the roots for positioning the TEXT object.

To directly clone the TEXT object, use one of the other modes. Linear, Radial or Grid Array.

Simple sample of both below.

HTH, Alan.

Thanks for the response, i probably should have explained better. I'm trying to get the text object to be the surface that the cloned object is aligned on. For example, if i made a cloner object with a bunch of cloned sphere's that would cover a text object so i can place some random effectors on them and then reduce the strength so that it looks like the text is being formed by particles. But I want to keep the text a mograph text object so that I can apply effectors to the letters as well...

I don't think you can do it while keeping the TEXT object.

You can do it if you make the TEXT object editable and use the extruded letters.

Have a look at 3DKiwi's MoGraph Dust Storm tutorial. It might give you some ideas.

It uses particles to form letters although it uses a text spline instead of the MoGraph Text.

HTH, Alan.

sort of, essentially what i am trying to accomplish is having some fairy dust blow across the frame and attach itself to a mograph text object. If this is impossible (which it very well may be) I would settle for creating a polygon version of the text, then disabling it in the render and using the polygon version to attach the particles to as the blow away. Sort of the oposite of 3dkiwi's dust tutorial. Normally, I would just use the method in kiwi's tutorial and then render it and composite the frames backwards, but this would prove difficult for my work flow as i am using 3d camera data from pfhoe and i have other elements i plan on using in the scene that would all have to be worked out backwards etc that might make the whole thing overly complicated...

Archived