Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3dkobi

C4d Crashes With Dual Screens :(

• Topic Author
  • Hi guys,

2 days ago i installed a second monitor and since than c4d crashes after a few minuets of working...

when i dissconnect the second monitor it works fine.

anyone ever had that problem ?

pc - amd athlon64 x2 dual core 3800, 1giga ram

video card - nvidia geforce 7900gt

main screen - IIyama pro451

new screen - mag ah-778

i'm using c4d 9.603

peace

kobi

I don't have that problem. But you can send your bug report to MAXON.

Peace,

Rich_Art. ;)

I've had that problem a couple of times with custom layouts.

Try another set up for the second screen.

Cheers, Alan.

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

thanx rich-art, i'll connect the screen again and send the report. will MAXON answer me about it or is it for general bug search and improving c4d for the future ?

rantin al-I haven't changed the basic layouts yet - didn't have time - c4d crashes after a minute or two...

btw, i don't have that problem when i use other softwares...

peace

kobi

em i think your monitors arent setup properly. Did you setup up through windows display porperties or nvidia software?

• Topic Author

hi cyclad,

i setup them through windows....nvidia has a special software for this ???? is it free ??

peace

kobi

its on the drivers cd. I dont know wat is the correct name for it. Something like nvidia control panel. Or something i dunno. But you can try setin up your dual with that first it gives you a whole lotta other options. Your card installed properly? Are both of the monitors dvi???? cause for some reason i hooked up two sync masters to my mac on the DVI and one kept switchin off. When i used the vga cable with one instead all was well. Except it wasnt as crisp as DVI.

• Topic Author

thanx i'll try that in the morning...

the card is installed properly, and both the monitors dvi

peace

kobi

Just download the current drivers from nvidia and install them. nView is the application you need. Depending on the driver build it shows up as a tab in your display settings or if you right click your desktop it might show up there too.

Guest epadeam

I'd say it's gotta be graphics driver related, I've been using duel screens with custom layouts for ages and havn't had any problems