Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rolandoc

Photoshop Cs3 Extended With 3d

• Topic Author
  • Hi everyone,

I thought that I would add this link to a free tutorial by Russel Brown on how

to work with 3D models inside the new Photoshop CS3. He has many more free

tutorials on his site but I thought this one would interest the folks here at the Cafe. :P

Photoshop CS3 3D Tutorial

Nice, I'm going to check this out right now!

I saw yesterday in digital tutors site some free tutorials to cs3 too.

I didn't have time to watch, but maybe could be interesting! ;)

• Topic Author
  • I just received my copy of Photoshop CS3 and I want to see if it can also create a texture from scratch and apply it to the imported model. So far no luck. :(

I'll have to dig into the manual and tutorials a little further. Brown's site does have some really good tutorials on many of the new key features.

Thanks for the link. Although you can do this with CS2 too. Ok, you can't rotate your 3D object.

But I think I will stick with my cs2 for the next couple of years. laugh.gif

If I must buy every new update from the apps I use... I better start planting a money tree in our garden..

Peace,

Rich_Art. ;)

ahahaha exactly Rich!

that's what I was thinking!

my cs2 are working fine for my needs! :D

anyway, this new feature is very nice!

cya

• Topic Author
  • CS2 should be enough for most artists. The main reason I got CS3 is because of the new "Non-Destructive Effects", the Quick Selection Tool and the new Cloning Options. They are all great for compositing work

which I do often. Forgot to mention the ability to import video and rotoscoping!!!!

Also the fact that CS3 Suite came with a new Flash and DreamWearver. A must for all

web designers. :P

I was a bit dissapointed with this feature, I was kinda hoping it would be painting straight on to the 3D object like in bodypaint and zbrush...not that C4D users would definitely need that but it would certainly be better than what they are showing which is basically just a 3D model viewer within Photoshop?

Guest dataflow

I was a bit dissapointed with this feature, I was kinda hoping it would be painting straight on to the 3D object like in bodypaint and zbrush...not that C4D users would definitely need that but it would certainly be better than what they are showing which is basically just a 3D model viewer within Photoshop?

your wrong about that you cant paint on the model and see the results.

you do have to press save or S to save.

but still you can do it

here is a tut showing you how

ps cs3 tut