Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

firewireflow

Transformer Animation

• Topic Author
  • hey guys!

i just got inspired watching the transformers trailer

watch the end of the trailer closley!

i want to create a transformer style animation ... but much simpler of course ... i want to start of with a small cube and this should "transform" into a bigger cube but with the same style ...

can anybody reccommend a technique how to create this sort of animation? i played a bit solving it with mograph but it wasnt happy with the result!

have a nice day!

best

flow

not sure with MG..but if you take some time..and model it out...

model trans from pose 1 to pose 2...new model...pose 2 to 3...render pose 1 to 2..save

render pose 2 to 3...save...then mix in AE or Vegas or combustion..etc...if I had time I would do a short wip for you....

good luck...

• Topic Author
  • not sure with MG..but if you take some time..and model it out...

model trans from pose 1 to pose 2...new model...pose 2 to 3...render pose 1 to 2..save

render pose 2 to 3...save...then mix in AE or Vegas or combustion..etc...if I had time I would do a short wip for you....

good luck...

thanks ... will try it!

Ops I should have ask..if you were talking about...the text animation... ;) hope it works...

• Topic Author
  • Ops I should have ask..if you were talking about...the text animation... ;) hope it works...

yes i meant the text animation

but unfortunately i didnt had much success so far ... if you got a little bit of time i really would appreciate some details on your recommended technique

thanks a bunch!

flow

I wil see what I can do...BUt I can not promise that I will be able to ...peace

• Topic Author
  • I wil see what I can do...BUt I can not promise that I will be able to ...peace

great! thanks!

great! thanks!

A good design could use morph tools to achieve the transformation. Cactus Dan has a small demo of something like this where an object goest through radical changes by morphing the vertices. Mke what you wish to start with and save that pose or keyframe, then make changes, etc.

• Topic Author
  • A good design could use morph tools to achieve the transformation. Cactus Dan has a small demo of something like this where an object goest through radical changes by morphing the vertices. Mke what you wish to start with and save that pose or keyframe, then make changes, etc.

cannot find it? what exactly do you mean?

using morph would be fun but hard to fig..

Here what I came up with just messing around...scene file to...

hope it helps..peace.. I wil try later to fig out next parts...make sur eyou watch the trailer well..you can see the scene switch if you look close...

Peace ;)

• Topic Author
  • using morph would be fun but hard to fig..

Here what I came up with just messing around...scene file to...

hope it helps..peace.. I wil try later to fig out next parts...make sur eyou watch the trailer well..you can see the scene switch if you look close...

Peace ;)

thanks a lot OD1 ... it looks really cool ... the thing is that i want to make a transition from one object to another ... so do you know a way to let an object explode to another object?

great little anim and file OD1

oohh morph tag sounds like a fun way,

you may have just distracted me from my modeling ;)

mala ;)