Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

firewireflow

Transformer Animation

ok very quick slightly drunk explainaation

file attached has a cube-4 divisions per face-made editable,i selected all the polys and did an inner extrude about 1m,Don't forget to uncheck preserve groups-yep i forgot

put a morph tag on it,went to polygon mode moved some faces out,kept doing this randomly,

Then the beauty of the morph tag,in edit mode on the morph tag,check the edit in placebox,now mix what ever shapes you like together to get what you want and press the freeze state button

This makes a new morph target from your 'mix'

You can do this another way by making your mix then right clik on the cube and select current state to object,drag the new cube thats been created and drag it into the morph tag's list of targets,say yes to the box,once the shape is in you can delete the cube(the one you just made not the original :)

btw if you put -100% into the morphtarget slider it Does morph in the opposite direction-handy

pretty sure that with a bit of planning you could get this to work with text

hope it helps in some way,

example is very basic,sorry time is short need to drink more beer

mala ;)

hey yeah, this could do it.... ...mix this with a cloner object in mograph to run some cubes along the surface just for show and it's so crazy that it just might work. If i get this working I will post the file and paypal you a beer

Very cool Mala..even if your a little Drunk..I thinkI will have a Beer too... :P YUMM YUMM in my TUMM :P

I have a solution!

Ok, here's what I'm ending up doing. I haven't finished but I will post my file when I have. First off build your shape with as few polys as possible. Then once you have the shape that you want you knife it up where you want it to "transform". then you disconnect those segments of the geomotery one by one. Then you place your disconnected poly object under a mograph fracture object. then you add a step effector with linear fall off and swipe it through the object to tear it apart. (that's the step I am on) a formula effector might work better, but that's out of my league at the moment. I figure a few more step effectors and some vector motion blur mixed with a volumetric light w/ shadow maps inside the object and it will look pretty cool.

OK, here it is. not so bad

i'm sure its better than my drunken attempt

I don't have mograph so can't see what you've done

can you post a animation?

mala :wacko: -hungover

here she is

Also, I think that combining the mograph fracture object with morph tags would be ideal, I'm not sure if you can disconect geometry and then use morph tags, i'll have to do a test when I get some time

here she is

Nice job!!! ;)

that was cool...nice work :D