Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobc4d

Change The Challenge Rules To Only One Entry Per Person ?

• Topic Author
  • I'm a nobody here, so I was wondering what y'all think of asking to have the challenge rules changed to having only one entry per person instead of how many that can be cranked out ? The reason I bring this up is that those who are Cinema gods can produce many entries, improving on each with changes while those of us who are less than mere mortals at Cinema struggle to get one out in the same length of time.

so what do you think, change it or don't mess with what works ?

We don't allow nobody's into the Cafe, only Members. :D

I think it is OK for multiple entries for those that want to invest the time.

Everyone actually benefits by seeing more scene development.

I don't think any Guru has managed to sweep the board with full 1,2 & 3... yet. ;)

Cheers, Alan.

I disagree with this proposal too.

If someone is a C4d-master as u say then he is definitely going to be the winner, even if he brings out one scene only. Don't be after the prize! It is the way to get there that counts! And eventually, all of us "little-learners" are getting something from them.

Second that. It is for the fun and to learn. If you win then that is a nice addition.

So I don't think we will change that rule.

Peace,

Rich_Art. ;)

Guest soccerrprp

I had some reservations about the multiple submissions at one point, but it does allow the modeler to further work on his/her skills and share more to the community. :)

Richard

Ditto what Rantin Al said. If you look back at the toon car challenge OD1 was crankin' them out big style and he got the first. No problemo. But he didn't get 2nd and 3rd, though maybe he should have. They went elsewhere, I imagine because the judges, having placed OD1, chose to give others recognition. I don't KNOW that's what happened but I'm supposing that's what happened.

Anyway there different approaches work for different folks. Some can bang out two or three finished entries while some are content to fettle their one submission right to the wire... aye and beyond!

We all like to win but really this is for fun and for some personal development with the tool. Maybe different if they're doling out a biggy, like the studio bundle or somesuch.

SKP

What He is trying TO hold me BACK!....LOL.. :( Naa just kidding...I can see what he means..But I think it is better to have it where we can enter as many as poss...that way we improve on our skills and timing...whichs helps us alot..

I would say only one wins 1st and so on...unless we have one where there is 1 1st and 2 2nd's and 3 3rd's...etc...Just fo your best...and keep trying...ANd one day you will win...A winner never thinks about losing only winning...meaning doind his best all the way to the finishes line...

GOOD luck to you Bobc4d..there is a win in your future.. :D I just know it...

Peace

The rules on multiple entries are fine with me also. I don't recall us ever awarding 1,2 & 3 to the same member. I think things would soon get boring if we did. What we will do if need in future is say in the rules that the previous months 1st place winner can't win or enter the next one.

3DKiwi

Guest dataflow

i dont think you should say they cant enter but only that they cant win if they do enter

That is a good option. Enter, yes, win NO.

This will give the less good modelers a chance of winning a challenge too.

Peace,

Rich_Art. ;)

That is a good option. Enter, yes, win NO.

This will give the less good modelers a chance of winning a challenge too.

Peace,

Rich_Art. ;)

everyone should be allowed to enter if they like and however many times, wouldnt make any difference to me, i need that whole 2 weeks to make 1 laugh.gif

the challenges are really good though as i can be a bit lazy and get bored with things if i dont have to finish them off within a certain time....

Are you sure you want to go this route? If you are going to have a competition then, outside of some basic ground rules, why would you put conditions on who can win? Surely such a measure will just reduce the quality of entry for who will go to the bother if they cannot be properly acknowleged?

I can understand the disappointment when we have pulled out all our creative stops, stretched our skill with C4D and posted a personal best only to be knocked out by a bunch of older hands but what we have to do is raise our game, not pull their's down. I really don't think you should do this.

It ain't broke. Don't fix it.

SKP