Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

morpheus

Realflow

• Topic Author
  • Hey Vilandra...

It would be kewl to see a realflow tutorial on creating standing water say in the cup you did last time that could then be knocked over so the fluid goes all over the plane it's resting on. So far I've only done stuff with emitters...but what if you want the water to already be in the cup. I guess maybe it's a bit like clothilde where you have to set an initial state, etc...?

Another kewl one would be raindrops onto a watery surface... :)

Cheers

Morph

Yeah, ive been going through some ideas to see which one would work best. One thing you have to remember is that im using an older machine. (1 Ghz AMD, 768 RAM) and high count particles scenes really bring my system to a crawl. I guess it depends on what people want to see. Perhaps water spilling out of a cup, or maybe a ball crashing into a pool of water, or maybe a huge wave crashing into some downtown streets.... ok that one might take a while to simulate, but you gotta admit, it would be cool!

I guess maybe I could do one on how to create a tidal wave, with a nice crest... for surfing. laugh.gif I just want to be sure my system can handle it while recording the tutorial.

• Topic Author
  • Sweeet.....yeah, my computer aint that powerful either. I only have 512 ram in mine....but I could do your last tutorial fine with it.

Spilling water would be a good one cos that wouldn't have too many more particles than the last one you did with the cup. I am just experimenting with taking models from C4D into realflow now.... It's so much FUN! The more I use it the more I wanna buy it. But I guess I should learn it properly with the evaluation copy first.... ;) I think it has a particle limit on it, but I should be able to at least try small versions of most things....

Cheers

Morph

• Topic Author
  • This might sound real stupid.....but how can I zoom and pan inside the viewport if I only have a one buttoned mouse (like macs ;)

I looked in the help menu and all it mentions is using middle and right mouse buttons.....

Cheers

Morph

there are alternate key/mouse click on the mac for single button mice (mouses?) though for the last year or more all macs have multi button mouses and all macs will work with a multi button mouse if you want to get one.

On a Mac with a single mouse you can rotate around a selected object using Alt+click and drag.

To zoom in and out, use Control+click and drag.

You must have an object selected otherwise you will get the context menu dropdown when using the Control key.

Cheers, Alan.

• Topic Author
  • nope....tried that already. Control click does nothing for me. Control with a double click brings up the context menu... :(

Morph

I would have thought the manual would give MAC specific directions on rotating, zooming, and panning.

• Topic Author
  • I looked in the help menu within realflow....but I couldn't find nuthin!

Morph

• Topic Author
  • Yay....this is fun stuff...

I am gonna try and figure out the falling cup next. But I don't know if I am supposed to animate the cup falling over in cinema first or not. It looked like realflow could import the animation too. I will have to see.....

Morph

Just model the cup in C4D, then import it to RF and let RF do the dropping. You can import the animation from C4D, however, RF does have rigid and soft body dynamics that are very nice.

Morph, have you set the C4D Preferences > System > Exchange Control <-> Command-key.

Try it with the Command key if you have not set the option.

This gives me Rotate and Zoom with an Object selected in the OM.

Cheers, Alan.