Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colibert

Glow

• Topic Author
  • Hi all

i have made this and have added a glow to the orange strand which is situated on top of the other strands but the glow looks like its going behind the bottom strands is this just a limitation of the glow being a post effect?

cheers

colibert

TYPICAL!

put a post up then the first thing i try reveals all....if i turn the slight glow off the bottom strands it goes all the way round the orange strand....

is there no way tthe 2 glows can work together?

Instead of object glow use the glow post effect. That one can be assigned to specific objects using the compositing tag.

Cheers

Bjorn

I suppose you have not tried AR's glow. You will need to disable Glow from the material first.

See result below. I added an object ID to glow the front strand only.

• Topic Author
  • I suppose you have not tried AR's glow. You will need to disable Glow from the material first.

See result below. I added an object ID to glow the front strand only.

didnt even realsie that ws there! cool...how do i tell the object to be the object id 1? i have turned the object id on in the glow prefs

:thumbsup:

didnt even realsie that ws there! cool...how do i tell the object to be the object id 1? i have turned the object id on in the glow prefs

:thumbsup:

Add a Compositing Tag to the object you want to add glow. Open on the Attribs Manager the tab "Object Buffer". There you enable the one of them taking care that the number on the text box called Buffer is the same as the object id you defined on the Glow from the render settings.

For my example I pumped up the intensity to 15% instead the default 10%. The rest of the settings were the standard settings. If you want to glow everything, just disable the object id on the Glow effect (having objects will allow to control how much is glowing each object though).

• Topic Author
  • Add a Compositing Tag to the object you want to add glow. Open on the Attribs Manager the tab "Object Buffer". There you enable the one of them taking care that the number on the text box called Buffer is the same as the object id you defined on the Glow from the render settings.

For my example I pumped up the intensity to 15% instead the default 10%. The rest of the settings were the standard settings. If you want to glow everything, just disable the object id on the Glow effect (having objects will allow to control how much is glowing each object though).

Perfect....thanks for that

colin