Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scythar

Dynamics

• Topic Author
  • What would be the best method making something thrown up in the air, and cos off gravity falling back down?

(gravity part should be easy, but how to combine it with something/someone throwing it upwards first ??)

don't quote me on this, but I did a little dynmaics a while back and I think you key frame the gravity so you could have negative gravity liftiung them up then positive pulling them back dowm later on.

Guest spid3r

apply a velocity or force on the rigid tab that should be easy

• Topic Author
  • thought of that, but the object should follow the hand (f.ex.) for a while till hand is at highest point, then it should follow his way with a initial velocity and slow down due to the gravity, then eventually go back downwards faster and faster due to this same gravity: i am not going to keyframe this !!! laugh.gif i am too lazy.

Guest spid3r

try to use a adriver, normally u dont use dynamics on character animation, the handf follows the ball. not the ball follows the hand :P else u try to attach a spring with it. that way yo can link keyframed with dynamics.

Guest dataflow

there was another thread about throwing a ball.

and someone post a good file

i cant remember who posted it, i think it was base80.

but iv tried looking for it but cant find the thread

You don't use dynamics for something like this.

There was a thread where CactusDan showed a small movie about a hand throwing a ball up and down. Part of his new plugin update is going to allow this to be accomplished really easily. The trick with anything like this is to make the hand look like it is actually holding the ball before it lets go, etc...

Morph

Guest dataflow

thats the one i was refuring to :thumbsup:

i couldnt remember who posted it, and i thought it was a file but it was a clip

• Topic Author
  • thx for all the replies,

ill be trying this next month i guess.

trying too many things at once for the moment, but i DO appreciate all this help.

Following 100 tutorials here, 2-3 books bought at local store, thinking of bying DVD of Kiwi, etc.

All this while i should be working for school, AND helping out here with the newborn (name: Mattis) and entertaining his older sister (6y old).