Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobc4d

Quack Quack .. I'm Tired Of The Rain

Heh, strangely there is a complete lack of rain here in Turkey. Today was the only day we saw rain in Istanbul for the last month. The crops are dying because of the lack of water which of course isn't good.

Can't you guys send some of those rain clouds over here? laugh.gif Just give'em a little push.

Yilmaz

I'll do better than that, I will be in Turkey next week (Thursday) on holiday in Kusadasi. It will be the only place in Turkey where it will rain for two weeks. We will bring it with us.

Rained almost every day here the last week in New Zealand. Winter of course smile.gif

3DKiwi

Guest peeps

I live in Florida and we often get what you had about a day later. Not only rain here, but pretty agressive storms too. With the high temps and high humidity the atmo is evidently quite unstable. However we were very dry here for quite awhile so the rain is/was welcome. I think many feel we have enough now. Personally, outside of the crazy humidity, I rather like a storm and rainy days. Kinda cheers me up. Wonder what that says about me?

I live in fla to

we need more afternoon showers friend . it cools things off

After last year's record breaking summer the Met Office predicted that summer this year would also be a record-breaker. What they didn't tell us was that the records that would be broken would be for rain.

Wow cool :) Kusadasi is a nice place to visit. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Yilmaz

Looking forward to it. Going rusty here.

Last time I was in Turkey a few years ago (Dalyan, on the river, where they filmed the African Queen), it reached 45 deg C one day. Really enjoyed it, apart from the mosquitoes. Went diving and cruising round the islands near Gocek. Wonderful place.

This year we will be visiting Ephesus. I might write a letter to the Ephesians before I go. On second thoughts I think that's been done before...

Last year we were in Florida this time of year and got caught by the first tropical storm of the year (Alberto, I think it was). It was like Manchester but warmed up.

Downside is no C4D for 2 weeks.

Just got back from Turkey. Had a great time in Kusadasi. I think it will take me a week to cool off though. The shade temperature was 40-43 C for 14 days although on two days it reached 50 C (one of those was when I was walking round Ephesus where there is no shade). When I got home today I sat outside in the rain for half an hour.

Nice to have you back Steve. Yep it has p'd it down everyday you have been gone here in Stockport. Still we are not as bad as Oxford.

Glad to hear you had a good holiday. Nothing like a cold lager in the hot sun. spoton.gif

Steve

laugh.gif i was thinking about this thread the other day/

glad you had a good one, blimey that is hot, quite a few people have died from that kinda heat in greece in the last few weeks. not good.....

i bet you was quite glad of the rain for a bit...probably that half hour in the garden!!

ah ya cant win here in the uk, you just get ready to go out, it rains, you go back inside, sit back down to what ever you were doing and then its sunshine again, go back out side and it rains again -_-

gav

Hey Gav, you could do us all a great service if you locked yourself indoors. :)

You could make a wad of cash, come out by appointment for those needing a shower for the garden. laugh.gif

Cheers, Alan.