Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OD1

Will You Do The Switch ?

I can build a PC for about 1/3 to 1/4th the cost of a Mac... Final Cut Pro sucks choads tho. The new ProRes 422 is impressive, but AVID still reigns.

You can get cheaper hardware, yes. That does not mean a WinBox is any cheaper though. As for FCP sucking... that's a joke right? I got a tickle out of that laugh.gif

Guest tiger leahu

I needed to get a new computer and was waiting for the right time. Dell said they were switching over to Vista this summer so I jumped on a refurbished system B4 the XPs were all gone. For $800, I now have a rocking Core Duo that I can't complain about.

• Topic Author
  • thanks for keeping it clean guys.. We all have are Needs for both PC and MAC..Look how we all work well together Here at the Cafe...so that the true Story..no matter if we do the switch or not..we have aplace that we can be as we are.. MAc or PC...

here A cool link to watch..best of both worlds..and they meet here very day... sc018.gif

That's because it's not the place for it.. now if this was /. or osnews then it's ON! It's on like donkey kong!! woohoo.gif

Guest AlanBell

Hey PixelMinion,

FCP can be buggy at times but coming from someone who has cut features on AVID's And FCP I prefer FCP. In fact I just finished a show using FCP for Fox Atomic called "The Combacks" it will be in theater in October.

On another note there are several VFXs in that film done on my APPLE MACBOOK PRO running windows xp. I used mograph for a 2 1/2 minuter background piece during a musical sequence. Also I remade the Fox Atomic logo amongst other things in C4D.

As for switching. I have a small shop which has a totall of 23 systems all running xp and a few Mac of various flavors. I do not plan to upgrade to vista anytime soon. I really don't have a preference for me it's more about stable software than anything else. I prefer the let the application dictate my platform choice.

Just my two cents.

Alan

Well i was still running on 98 up untill last year when i had to go XP.

eventualy they force you to upgrade.

so if you go from a pc to a mac, would this mean we would have to buy C4D for mac or is c4d cross platforn, thats one thing i didnt look into.

JTB

the intel macs can run windows so you wouldn't have to buy the mac version c4d

• Topic Author
  • I Love good chats..makes for Great reads... :)

Guest 3Dnoob

I use a Mac at both work (i'm a graphic designer by trade) and at home (home macs getting on for 5 years old and still runs as fast as the day i bought it with little or no maintenence). Only time i go NEAR a pc now is to fix other peoples.

Vistas just a 4 year old copy of OSX that can't run anything, right?