Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLeaburn

Bad Edit

• Topic Author
  • Don't you just hate it when an ignorant idiot makes a statement like this.

Check out the "said Bob Scarpelli" bit. :angry:

He just ruins a good article. Well actually who ever wrote or edited this ruined it. Or Both. :thumbdown:

http://www.MAXON.net/pages/dyn_files/dyn_h...2093_02094.html

hmm, not sure how you read it but it seems ok to me. By mundane product, and "not cool and sexy" I think he is refering to Tide, not C4D. Maybe I missed something.

Also, I'm not quite sure about this thread title ;)

It kind of sounds like he was making a remark towards Tide. However if he really was referring to C4D, then I must say that ignorance seems to be popping up in more and more places.

yeah, sure it wasnt meant badly, but a change of words might be better, maybe a not aswell known product doing a fantastic job perhaps, still whatever way you look its a good bit of publicity,

• Topic Author
  • I've taken my angry glasses off. I think you're right it's tide they are referring to. It's pretty hard to tell though.

I wholeheartedly apologize to Bob Scarpelli for my rash statement.

Sorry Bob if you're watching. smile.gif

wine was doing the talking for me :thumbsup:

edit:

now i really am dumb....or drunk..tides the product and its about that!! now it makes sense, its the product and not the software roflmao.gif

ive cleaned up my posts (no pun intended) before everyone thinks im really dumb..which i am.

only you know james wink.gif

that guy has some nice work on his site, and knows all the 3d apps...how do people learn them all, i cant even learn one laugh.gif

• Topic Author
  • Tide is washing powder.

wine was doing the talking for me smile.gif

That's a perfectly acceptable excuse... sc018.gif

Time to go get my whites whiter and my brights brighter...

Guest dataflow

i dont think the following statement from the artical says anything good about c4d

"You don't have to have a cool, sexy product to do a great ad," said Bob Scarpelli, chairman and chief creative officer at DDB Worldwide and Press jury president. "This is a pretty mundane product, and they did something brilliant with it."

that statement is saying that c4d is ###### and a creative 3d artist worked a miracle with a program that is not that good.

so i think your first post is correct.

its not a good statement for c4d

Well I still maintain it states "You don't have to have a cool, sexy product (Tide) to do a great ad," said Bob Scarpelli, chairman and chief creative officer at DDB Worldwide and Press jury president. "This is a pretty mundane product (Tide), and they did something brilliant with it." But I 'spose only Bob really knows, eh?

• Topic Author
  • It's definitely referring to Tide. It's quoted in this article which is referring to the add not the software.

It's just a hash of a edit on the MAXON site.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/...ress-usat_N.htm

"I couldn't have done without CINEMA 4D and MoGraph," said Danaher. "I couldn't find any other 3D app that gave me the flexibility and artistic control without scripting that I needed for the Tide campaign."

CINEMA 4D's ability to quickly deliver any idea as a stunning visual makes it the ideal choice for sparking life into any product, no matter how unglamorous.

about cinema

"You don't have to have a cool, sexy product to do a great ad," said Bob Scarpelli, chairman and chief creative officer at DDB Worldwide and Press jury president. "This is a pretty mundane product, and they did something brilliant with it."

ive read and read this, the last paragraph is clearly about the washing powder, it is mundane and takes something good to make it stand out.

"You don't have to have a cool, sexy product to do a great ad,"

an ad about the product....tide