Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rolandoc

Intel Chases 16 Cores With Tigerton

It makes you wonder where it will all end. In a bit the computer will know what we want before we do laugh.gif

Steve

• Topic Author
  • It makes you wonder where it will all end. In a bit the computer will know what we want before we do laugh.gif

Steve

I am waiting for the day when I can go on vacation and have my computer do everything for me. Maybe some day! :thumbsup:

Haha, time to go out and buy a quantum computer.

If I have that, I won't have to worry about an outdated system for a while.

Peace,

Rich_Art. :thumbsup:

Im waiting for touch screen modeling..... coupled with a 4 processor system, (16 core). I think that just might qualify for mental (virtual) modeling. Just when you think you have something fast, they come out with something that makes your new fancy system look like soggy potatoes.

• Topic Author
  • .Just when you think you have something fast, they come out with something that makes your new fancy system look like soggy potatoes.

Yes, I agree 100%! Not too long ago I bought an 8-Core machine. Soon they will come out with a 32, then a 64 and eventually a 128 core machine! roflmao.gif

It's time for the software to start catching up. Maccentral just ran benchmarks on the 8 core MP's only to show modest speed gains compared to their 4 core counterparts. Although C4D render times were almost cut in half during the tests..

• Topic Author
  • It's time for the software to start catching up. Maccentral just ran benchmarks on the 8 core MP's only to show modest speed gains compared to their 4 core counterparts. Although C4D render times were almost cut in half during the tests..
    Rendering with the 8-Core Mac Pro is twice as fast a with the 4-Core, which was already very fast. I really haven't seen incredible speed gains in Photoshop or other processor intensive programs.So I do agree that the software needs to be fine tuned to take full use of all the multi-core advances.
    So when do you buy a new computer? :nonono: :angry:
    If you always wait for the next best thing, you will never buy anything. Something new and better is always on the horizon! laugh.gif

I can see the day I am running C4D on my iPhone or using it as a render node.. Joy to the world...

typical, just as i get a fast one, another one come out.

i know that mac are bringing out faster mac pro's in october, could well be that!

dont think il be due an upgrade for a long time though...never mind...il just have to suffer 8 render lines until then laugh.gif

So I do agree that the software needs to be fine tuned to take full use of all the multi-core advances

id like to see that too...although on my mac pro its only running cs2 and it does a radial blur on a 100 meg file a hell of a lot faster than ive ever seen, i didint even get a progress bar!

never enough rendering power...NEVER....

well 16 is still impressive smile.gif

gav

Try to stay alive for at least 4 more years ScottA..